• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Dig Trombone Shorty

rspencer

I've seen him a few times, always great.
I was bummed that I had to miss him at Summerfest a few weeks ago.

ohiomatt33

Wow. I'd really only heard of him through his work with Zac Brown Band and Foo Fighters. Thanks for posting this! Very cool.

(Also, THAT BAND! That's how you start a show.)

9fingers

Silver Supporting Member
I saw him & band at the Clay Center in Charleston WV (one of the GREAT rooms anywhere). He/they really put on a show! Also some of the better light work I have seen. The whole thing was the definition of "bringing it".

vladorg

Gold Supporting Member
I discovered him through the HBO show Treme when they played the title track from Hurricane Season, been hooked on him since - his music is so groovy and catchy and his band rocking, he's a great 'bone player and singer.

RupertB

Silver Supporting Member
Caught him last year & agree with the posts above. Great playing, lots of energy, just an all around enjoyable show.

His rhythm section takes a more "rock" approach to the material live compared to the studio cuts.

I knew Trombone Shorty as a regular back when I worked in a record store in New Orleans. He was literally a shorty back then -a colossally talented kid in short pants. Great to see that he made good!

Awesome. When I was in New Orleans a couple months ago Trombone Shorty was out of town. I want to see him eventually. I did get to see Treme Brass Band, George Porter Jr, and Walter Wolfman Washington.

Misterbulbous

I happened to be sitting around watching Austin City Limits a few years ago. I heard them announce that Trombone Shorty was coming on...I figured it was just some old trombone player so I got up to turn the TV off. I got distracted for a few minutes and soon found myself mesmerized by this band and their performance. He (Trombone Shorty) can sure deliver the goods. I've been a fan ever since - although I really don't follow them much or have any of their recordings.

The ACL performance was great.

musicman10_1

Silver Supporting Member
I show a DVD called America's Heart & Soul in one of my AP classes once the kids have completed the curriculum. It is a very inspiring documentary. There is a short segment featuring Trombone Shorty and his brother who is older and plays the trumpet. I had to check to see if it was the same Trombone Shorty as this post references as he was much younger when it was filmed, and it is the same person. Wow! He has come a long way.

Coli

Silver Supporting Member
bump for a killer musician-just discovered him today
diggin' me some Shorty

Trending Topics