Digging my Carr Vincent

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by iluvstrats, Feb 18, 2008.

1. iluvstrats

iluvstrats Member

Just had to shout out how much I dug my new to me Carr Vincent this weekend. Plenty of might fine sounding clean headroom, compatible with all of my pedals, and really fits well into the band mix. Small footprint, not too heavy.

I haven't enjoyed an amp this much in a long time.

2. riffmeister

riffmeister Gold Supporting Member

How does this amp compare to a Rambler?

3. onemind

onemind Member

I think if we gave awards for plain "usability" in addition to tone, this amp would be among the best.

4. Tallhorses

Tallhorses Member

I really like the Vincent....came close to buying one a few times. Think I prefer the tone of the 2 x 12 version but the size and weight of the 1 x 12 which is very compact.

5. KLB

KLB Member

I'm glad it worked out for you on the gig, where it counts.

I was VERY impressed with hearing and playing your new Vincent the other day. I thought I was done buying amps for a long time, but maybe not. Oh well... :rolleyes:

Personally, I'm holding out for the upcoming Carr Edsel or Studebaker model. They are more my speed! (Just jokin').

I didn't get a good sense of what you thought was different/better about the Carr Vincent vs. the D13 EDT 13/29 1x12 at BGE. Care to comment?

6. katuna

katuna Silver Supporting Member

I just bought one off the emporium last week; I'm excited to try it. I'm hoping it might be a good volume level solution. i gigged at a party with my Imperial 2x12 on Saturday and I was, by far, the loudest guitarist there (even in triode mode). the tone was rad, but I overwhelmed the PA (I'm the singer too, so I only really had myself to offend).

7. snoggin

snoggin Member

The Vincent is still pretty loud even at 7 watts. I love mine but its sometimes too loud to try and overdrive the amp itself.. But it is such a nice platform for pedals.

The Vincent is also amazingly compact. the smallest amp i own