digi 002 and 003

Colt

Any of you guys use this? what are it's limitations? do you use the rack version, or the control version? Are you running PC or Mac? What other gear are you running with it?

chrisgraff

003, Mac Pro, UA converters. I switched from Nuendo, and I love it. A little bit of of pain to set up, but I have no complaints now. I also ran it on a PC running XP for a while.

If you're buying a new Mac, you might have trouble running PT. The latest Mac OS doesn't play nice with PT, just yet.

onemind

002R for me, I love it but question whether I need it in my current set up. Seems like I'd get by with Garageband and a USB mic most days. It's not certified to run with Leopard but I do, just some plug in issues.

SgMaster

I have an 003 Rack that I got in August. I have a 2005 PowerPC based Mac Mini with 1GB RAM and 80Gig Harddrive. I use this interface exclusively as I am still in school and cannot afford any outboard gear. As of right now, I only have an external 500GB harddrive to use with it and for playback, mixing, I use my old HiFi stereo as monitors. I mix "inside the box." I am considering a midi controller of some kind to help put the mixing into more physical, hands on terms. But cost couldnt be justified for the regular control version of the 003. I use OSX 10.4.11 and had a major crash with PT because my startup disk was being temperamental and didnt like Quicktime 7. so I just didnt download it and everything is great. I wish it had 8 mic/DI inputs instead of 4 Mic/DI and 4 Line inputs, which I find have very low levels.

Trending Topics