digi key distributer

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by jack butler, Jan 29, 2005.

1. jack butler

jack butler Member

just bought my pots from a place called digi-key
    really great techs and service
    believe it or not i was having a hard time hunting down a resource for the 2 watt rv4 pots (small order sell)
    guys are great lots of cool stuff!

2. tonezoneonline

tonezoneonline Member

I buy a few things from Digi-Key.I like their wire but when it comes to resistors,capacitors and other items used for tube amps you'll find Mouser to have a lot more "usable" items for the purpose.
    Digi-Key is also geared for industrial sales.

3. jack butler

jack butler Member

4. Wakarusa

Wakarusa Member

I've had excellent results with digi-key. They're definitely more geared for PCB and SMT style stuff and don't sell much in the way of HV capacitors but have better pricing/selection on metal film resistors than Mouser. Digi-Key is also the only place I've been able to find carbon comp resistors 1 watt or better (though they go for $2/ea!)

5. Scrutinizer

Scrutinizer Member

Great company. I like being able to phone in an order in the afternoon, and have it show up the next morning.

Digikey is a unique, they are happy to ship $25 order as well as the $25K order. In either case, the order ships the same day if parts are in stock. Most other large electronic distributors are not interested in selling small quantities of parts.

6. jack butler

jack butler Member