Digital mixer comparison chart: controls

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by ceeinwa, Feb 9, 2015.

1. ceeinwa

ceeinwa Member

I'm getting close to buying one, but I'd like to compare how each of the main contenders are controlled. Somehow I've not seen a version of this before, so I put one together.

Is it pretty accurate as of right now? I read on their forum that QSC is working on an Android app.

[​IMG]

2. cyclops

cyclops Member

Doesn't the SL use the same software as the RM? I.E., the Mac version works with both?

Better question is... what do YOU need? I know a lot of people aren't thrilled without having a control surface or a direct network connection to the mixer. I've been using both the Line 6 Stagescape for the last two years and the Mackie DL32R for a couple of months with few problems with my iPad. Best thing to do is have backups of the cables, router, and if you can afford it, iPad. A top of the line router goes a long way to solving the router drop problems.

3. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

I bet most of the mixers without on-board control can support a MIDI control surface. I know the X Air does.

4. GuitarGuy66

GuitarGuy66 Member

You can download both versions of the StudioLive software from the iPad App Store.

VSL = StudioLive AI
    UC = RM series.

5. ceeinwa

ceeinwa Member

To find out if my chart is accurate. :dunno