Digital stuff from my NAMM 2020 report

journo

Hi,

Here are some pictures of digital gear from my NAMM 2020 report.

Blue Cat's AudioFiend is a very cool feedback generator feedback. I've tried many pedals over the years trying to do this but didn't really like them. This, however, seems to work well judging from the demo and is really adjustable to taste.

If you're ever gone down the rabbit hole that is IRs then you know what a hassle it can be. Blue Cat has sorted that out with great aplomb. Just click on the one you lake to audition/use and it's immediately active. But what really makes this wonderful is that If you you really like the 2x12 Brit Black but also what a hint of the 2x12 Brit Black Boom you just click somewhere between the two. Now all other ways of dealing with IRs seem way too difficult.

Do you want to feel more of "the amp in the room"? You gt closer using a a pair of DropLabs sneakers with built in sub woofers.

IK Multimedia showed three new products around the popular Z-Tone technology used to get your guitar signal properly represented when you go into you computer. This Z-Tone DI will probably end up in my studio.

Kemper showed, among other things, a new Acoustic Simulator.

Probably the most disappointing product introduction/demo I have ever witnessed in my 40 years of reporting from trade shows. Few models, no "profiles" and lots of waiting.

In case you want to check out my full report, you can find it here:
http://nermark.com/reports/NAMM_Winter_2020/NAMM_Winter_2020.htm

Cheers,

Mats N

danel59

Thank you for your interesting and entertaining trip through NAMM. I always look forward to your post. Sorry to hear about the kidney stones and pneumonia and hope you are back and fully recovered!

Watt McCo

Hi,

Blue Cat's AudioFiend is a very cool feedback generator feedback. I've tried many pedals over the years trying to do this but didn't really like them. This, however, seems to work well judging from the demo and is really adjustable to taste.

If you're ever gone down the rabbit hole that is IRs then you know what a hassle it can be. Blue Cat has sorted that out with great aplomb. Just click on the one you lake to audition/use and it's immediately active. But what really makes this wonderful is that If you you really like the 2x12 Brit Black but also what a hint of the 2x12 Brit Black Boom you just click somewhere between the two. Now all other ways of dealing with IRs seem way too difficult.

Do you want to feel more of "the amp in the room"? You gt closer using a a pair of DropLabs sneakers with built in sub woofers.

IK Multimedia showed three new products around the popular Z-Tone technology used to get your guitar signal properly represented when you go into you computer. This Z-Tone DI will probably end up in my studio.

Kemper showed, among other things, a new Acoustic Simulator.

Probably the most disappointing product introduction/demo I have ever witnessed in my 40 years of reporting from trade shows. Few models, no "profiles" and lots of waiting.

Cheers,

Mats N
Thanks Mats. Did you have a chance to play the Kemper kabinet by chance?

timbuck2

Hi,

Cheers,

Mats N
was it worse then the bluamp x that was under a plexiglass case and noone could touch it and it had no guts? At least the QC turned on and did something.lol

journo

Thank you for your interesting and entertaining trip through NAMM. I always look forward to your post. Sorry to hear about the kidney stones and pneumonia and hope you are back and fully recovered!
Hi Danel,

Glad you enjoyed my report. Thanks, I'm well now and will return to work on Monday.

Cheers,

Mats N

journo

was it worse then the bluamp x that was under a plexiglass case and noone could touch it and it had no guts? At least the QC turned on and did something.lol
The BluAmp X display felt somehow more honest IMHO.
I don't think Thomas would demo something that didn't at least show proof of concept.

Cheers,

Mats N

mchad

Silver Supporting Member
Great report Mats. Thanks. Glad to hear you're feeling better. That would have been a difficult trip home. Ouch!

journo

Great report Mats. Thanks. Glad to hear you're feeling better. That would have been a difficult trip home. Ouch!
Hey mchad,

Happy you liked the report. And yes, thank you, I'm feeling a lot better and will be back at work on Monday.

Cheers,

Mats N

Trending Topics