• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Digitech Bad Monkey v Tube Overdrive?

Wesman61

Silver Supporting Member
So what's the verdict? Does the Hardwire Tube Overdrive stand up to the BM? I'm either going to get another BM or something else in the same vein. If the Tube OD is at least as good in the classic mode then the TBP and modern mode would be enough to warrant getting it.

BrianWampler

personally, I like the hardwire better than the bad monkey... it has less of the mid hump. It also has a bit more gain, is louder, and of course a better bypass (IMO)
bw

forum_crawler

personally, I like the hardwire better than the bad monkey... it has less of the mid hump. It also has a bit more gain, is louder, and of course a better bypass (IMO)
bw
Take it from a man who knows his stuff!
I have the Tube Overdrive and I am very happy with it. It has lots of volume, great construction, and the two voicings are usable.

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
I haven't played the HW, but my experience demo'ing the Bad Monkey was that it was a terrible pedal, not good for MY sound. But everyone's sound is inside of your head and only you know what you want to hear.

Trending Topics