Digitech Cab DryVR experiences?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by john l, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Swmorgan77

Swmorgan77 Member

Ah ok cool! thanks for the heads-up.

2. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Necro-ing this thread

I just got one to use to go direct (will use the dry out into my amp). I use a modeller as my preamp/FX, as well as a Les Paul with humbuckers.

I played around with it, trying to reasonably match the tone in my amp with what's coming outta my studio monitors and got reasonably close with setting 6 (the custom cab). This is with taking into account amp in the room vs mic'd amp, etc etc of course. The other cabs (except the 1x8) sounded too muddy. That's fine, i want to set it and forget it and am happy with that (i still need to try the 4x10 on the bass side).

My question is regarding the power supply. Does it have to be the Harman one or can i use my 1Spot with it in daisychain? Can i use a Boss PSA adaptor? This would make a large difference as i only have 1 harman PSU that i got with my Trio+ and the less i have to fiddle with power supplies, the better!

*EDIT*
    Just tried the guitar-recommended ones on the bass side. I like the 4x10 Ameritweed, but still like the custom 4x12 the best. The 4x10 is smoother, like honey, and might work better with single coils. I'd happily use it but Guitar Cab 6 still sounds best to me :)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  3. mambosun92

mambosun92 Member

I've been using mine for months (rehearsal & home practising) .
    I especially bought it for my stereo rig I directly plug into the mixing console.
    The competition being pretty seldom and up to 4 times more expensive, I did'nt hesitate long and I'm really happy with it.

Regarding power supply, it's a standard 9 v just requiring 130 mA, nothing special here.

Moe45673 likes this.
  4. mambosun92

mambosun92 Member

The only criticism I would mention however is that the CabDryVr clips a bit too quickly to my taste, I hardly can set the volume past 10 o'clock.
    But I have to admit it has to struggle with 2 overdrive and 3 Fuzz pedals, and I like to play them stacked .:cool: