Digitech Chorus Factory--wow!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by popsongsmith, Jun 18, 2008.

1. popsongsmith

popsongsmith Senior Member

I was just in a music store and saw this thing behind the counter, so I said WTF, I've always been curious. I plugged in a Mexi Strat into a Peavy Classic 30, so not the best gear, and of course there was some clown cranking a Dual Rectifier across the store.

But damn, that is one powerful box, with tons of sounds and a lot of control. And it seems really well made. It's heavy, and made in USA to boot.

For those not familiar, it has models of the TC, EHX, Fulltone, Boss CE-5, Voodoo Lab, and a few others.

Anyone in the market for a chorus pedal would be crazy not to check this thing out

2. Lt_Core

Lt_Core Supporting Member

I totally agree. GC was closing them out and I bought my for $68!!!! Normally I'm not a fan of modeled pedals/amps but this is a great little pedal. I have mine in my Rivera's effects loop.

Glad I'm not the only one who likes this pedal ;)

3. Rocked Star

Rocked Star Member

I have mine for sale. PM me if interested.

4. Mincer

Mincer Member

Absolutely great pedal...i've been able to a/b many of the models, and it can absolutely clone them, except the digitech is quieter.

5. scottywompas

scottywompas Member

6. valen

valen Member

How is the buffer in it ? Is it totally transparent when not on ?

7. popsongsmith

popsongsmith Senior Member

I didn't sense any tonal suckage, but again, this was in a busy music store. Any owners have an opinion on this?

On another note, after further consideration, IMHO they really blew it by not making this thing programmable. if you want to recall a setting, you've either got to write it down or re-tweak the thing.

8. Mincer

Mincer Member

Ive never noticed any problem. You don't hear it come on, and when you aren't playing, you don't hear the 'swish' like most analog choruses out there. The buffer sounds great to me.

9. Lt_Core

Lt_Core Supporting Member

Yup, the buffer is pretty darn good on this pedal. I notice a bit of a volume boost but I have a pretty thick chorus dialed in so maybe that's the reason. Great chorus pedal!

10. MaxBoogie

MaxBoogie Member

Well, I just ordered on of these today... I've never found any single Chorus pedal I've absolutely liked, so hopefully this one will give me enough options that I'll find SOMEthing that sounds good! ;)

I read the manual ftp://ftp.digitech.com/pub/PDFs/Manuals/XSeries Manuals/CF7/CF7Manual.pdf and I can't believe how tweakable this thing is! Should be interesting...

11. vinceman

vinceman Member

Can you get faux leslie sounds like the SCH-1 does?

12. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

The only thing that bugged me about it was the switch.