DigiTech Debuts EX-7 Expression Factory Modeling Effects Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 58lespaulman, Jan 14, 2006.

1. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

2. g-nem

g-nem Member

Looks pretty cool- a combo space station and whammy pedal. I can't wait for more info- although digitech take a long time to post detailed specs.

3. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

If it actually sounds good, that is pretty ingenious putting distortion capabilities in it as well. Some of the models, like the wah and whammy, work best pre-gain and some, like the leslie and flanger, work best post-gain. I'd assume the built in distortions compensate for this.

4. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

5. subversivepinko

subversivepinko Member

That's just too much cool in one place to pass up.

Assuming the Univibe, Whammy and flangers are good, I'm there. I assume no one is holding out much hope for the wah models?

6. gururyan

gururyan Member

7. subversivepinko

subversivepinko Member

8. Jumblefingers

Jumblefingers Supporting Member

I'll be going to NAMM and this is on the list to check out. Question is, does it have any memory locations or is it just a one at a time pony? Also not clear if you can use the wha and OD at the same time...unless I missed something.

9. drolling

drolling Member

Actually the wah & univibe models on their Jimi Hendrix pedal are quite good. And the new exp. pedals casing looks identical, right down to the control layout and optional foot switch.

Now that digital modelling's really caught on, and they're tooled up for production of this type of pedal- I could see Digitech releasing a whole slew of variations on this thing..

10. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

This is a very cool idea. I love the idea of comming out with a bunch of new stuff in one pedal.

Shane Pasqualla
    WET ANIMAL
    http://www.wetanimal.net

11. subversivepinko

subversivepinko Member

We expect a full report. :AOK

It's not clear if you can get the effects without the OD. Can anyone clarify?

12. g-nem

g-nem Member

You can get the expression w/o the distortion, but not the other way around, although there are dry-sounding expression settings.

Anyone have any reviews/ comments on this one? I am waiting til my car sells to pick up an expression factory and an EH wiggler.

13. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Check out harmony central. They have a lot of info on this one.

14. ABKB

ABKB Member

Just picked up mine today. Still in the honeymoon phase, but 2 things stick out on this thing. The Space station sim is AWSOME. Incredible sounding stuff coming out of that, just love it and will be doing lots of fun things with that one alone. And the Univibe is actually VERY good. Think "Breathe" and your right there man. The wah stuff seem ok. I am not a huge wah user but no complaints there. The flanger I was very unimpressed with, sounded weak, but I still have to play with it some more to see if I can get somthing good out of it. The whammy I didnt try, I have a whammy already so I passed on that. Plus the treadle on the EX-7 is a LOT less room to move, so if I am going to use a whammy effect, I will go with the whammy itself. The leslie sim, ehh, I had also checked out (and am finally getting) a RT-20 and the EX-7 couldnt hold a candle to the RT. The distortions were ok at best, sounded a little lame, but also hard to tell since you cannot get the distortion without an effect so that colors the distortions a lot. The Big Muff sounded ok though.

All in all, just for the Space Station and Univibe alone it was worth it. It's not a perfect pedal, but it really does some neat things!

15. jhc

jhc Senior Member

anyone else using this?