Digitech EX7 Expression Factory

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Tito83, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Tito83

Tito83 Member

When you change effects, does it remember the last setting on the previous one when you come back to it? How do you know what is the effect being used when using the footswitch? I'm interested in it but can't find this info anywhere... Any other interesting info is welcome.

2. npirt.89

npirt.89 Member

i just got one a few weeks ago but don't have the foot switch. i was wondering the same thing because i like to switch between effects but it seems like wherever the knobs are set they are set that way for every effect. you can't save it how you like it. at least i can't figure out how to work it! but if you can save settings then let me know!

3. armoredfist316

armoredfist316 Member

No, and you dont. You can get around it though. if you tap the down (or up) switches, it will stop at the first (or last effect), so if you press effect down 10 times it will stay on the first (wah) setting.......its not a continuous cycle. Then if you want the whammy you can press up however many times to get there.

It sounds kind of complitcated but its really not bad when you consider all the space it saves. I had a dedicated wah and whammy before I got mine. I was able to sell those and then picked up an awesome univibe, space station, and volume pedal. For that reason alone I will never sell it.

4. fellsilver

fellsilver Member

Just a further detail to complement the last post: The EX-7 doesn't remember any of your settings. The tone you get is the tone your knobs are set to regardless of the model. This is actually a much more minor flaw than it might seem (like armoredfirst's assessment of the switch): although it definitely is not as cool as being able to save patches, the settings between the different models seem to work pretty well. If you're not too picky, you can get through a gig using any or all of 'em without bending down to tweak knobs.

And I gotta add, too, what a great pedal it is. Not only is it a space saver, but the models are definitely first rate!

5. forgivenman

forgivenman Supporting Member

I've gotta agree about the quality of this pedal. I got it just for the whammy model but ended up liking all the other settings. First rate all the way.

6. LouRossi

LouRossi Member

I was dissapointed w/ the EX7. My XP-100 whammy tracks better and gurgles less with the octaves

7. Tito83

Tito83 Member

Sorry to ask this, even having a good number of clips around, but IMO it's a huge difference from playing in person...

Are the effects really good? I mean... How does its wah compares to a regular crybaby/vox wah? Are the univibe and the leslie really convincing? I'm mostly interested in those... Though the space station sound is a nice adition.

8. Eliguitar

Eliguitar Member

I really like my EX7. I use it mostly for recordings so not being able to save patches is not a big deal for me. The only thing Im not too crazy about it is the range of the actual pedal, I wish it was longer.
    You get used to it after a while tho.