Digitech GSP1101 with Velocity 100 and Pedals

andy.T

I am looking for a very small leightweight 2U setup. So I like to combine my Velocity 100 with GSP1101 to have it in a small 19" bag in combination with my 1x12 Thiele cab.

Is the GSP1101 with C2 ok to use it in front of analog pedals? I mostly play clean and crunch sounds and like pedals in dumble style like Zendrive, Euphoria, Okko Diablo with reverb and delay. So the Fender Twin model works for it?

Maybe later I will use it with a 2x10 cab to have the full power of the Velocity 100 bec in mono it can not be bridged and has only 50 Watt from one channel.

Do you think the clean/crunch breakup will work with my Strat fine with the GSP1101 and is punchy with Velo100 or it is not the right preamp for this?

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
I have played about 1500+ gigs with my 1101/proValve rig over the years and have never had any need whatsoever for any pedals. If you're trying to be compact, why carry a C2 AND an analog pedalboard? That defeats the purpose for me. Just program a few great sounding patches and let it rip. The stomp box models in the 1101 are very good, certainly no one in an audience will ever know. 112 cab for stage and send the XLR out to the mixer.

Set output to GLOBAL CAB and you'll have much more patch to patch consistency.

just my input

Last edited:

3dognate

Silver Supporting Member
Agree with Jason... Reverbs and Delays and drives are pretty darned good in the GSP1101 - I played about 5 years with one and I've not been as content with my rig since... I'm for sure still "huntin' around"

andy.T

I am sure wondering that you all say GSP and C2 would be enough for a simple good sounding setup. The GSP is of course an older device and not actual more.

OK, but to come back to my main question will two overdrive pedals in front of the GSP could work right or are there problems by hardware clipping by boost the preamp? I love my Zendrive and my Okko Diablo for blues.

Trending Topics