• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive...thoughts?

schenkadere

I like the tone of this compared to their other offerings...at $99...it's not a bad pedal for what it offers. Any thoughts on this pedal?

forum_crawler

I own this pedal and I would say it is a very nice TS type of pedal. It has lots of volume, it is true bypass, it has a very responsive EQ section and lots of gain if you need it.

As for the build quality, I would say this is one of those pedals you can be rough with and it will take it like a champ. I power mine using a PP2+ so I couldn't tell you about how quickly it goes through batteries. Everything about the build quality of this pedal is top notch, so it won't leave you wanting in that respect.

As for how it sounds, well, it is a TS type of pedal, so that is what you can expect to get. The twist here is the dual voicing offered by this pedal. In classic mode it is your average TS pedal, it is fairly clear, cleans up with the volume knob (which I never do...), and stacks really well with other pedals. In modern mode it sounds pretty much like a modded TS but with the ability to give you more gain, and somewhat of a darker tone (This is how I have mine set up).

I would get this pedal over say the Boss SD-1, Bad Monkey, and even VS Route 808 because it is true-bypass, it offers the two distinct voicings and because I also like how it looks. I wouldn't even consider a real TS808 because to me, the CM-2 is a better more versatile pedal. Is it better than other boutique pedals out there? Hard to say, they all seem to offer something different (and in some cases not so different) so it is a matter of taste. All I can say is that if you are interested in getting one of these babies, you should at the very least try it.

cjs42079

I have one and actually like it alot, but am looking to sell it now. I recently picked up an M13 to simplify my rig and realized I don't need this anymore. PM me if you're interested.

schenkadere

I own this pedal and I would say it is a very nice TS type of pedal. It has lots of volume, it is true bypass, it has a very responsive EQ section and lots of gain if you need it.

As for the build quality, I would say this is one of those pedals you can be rough with and it will take it like a champ. I power mine using a PP2+ so I couldn't tell you about how quickly it goes through batteries. Everything about the build quality of this pedal is top notch, so it won't leave you wanting in that respect.

As for how it sounds, well, it is a TS type of pedal, so that is what you can expect to get. The twist here is the dual voicing offered by this pedal. In classic mode it is your average TS pedal, it is fairly clear, cleans up with the volume knob (which I never do...), and stacks really well with other pedals. In modern mode it sounds pretty much like a modded TS but with the ability to give you more gain, and somewhat of a darker tone (This is how I have mine set up).

I would get this pedal over say the Boss SD-1, Bad Monkey, and even VS Route 808 because it is true-bypass, it offers the two distinct voicings and because I also like how it looks. I wouldn't even consider a real TS808 because to me, the CM-2 is a better more versatile pedal. Is it better than other boutique pedals out there? Hard to say, they all seem to offer something different (and in some cases not so different) so it is a matter of taste. All I can say is that if you are interested in getting one of these babies, you should at the very least try it.
Tried it...love it...I find it smoother than any other OD I've tried including the boutique lines. Seems versatile and the EQ is very responsive.

I need to try a Cool Cat Transparent OD...but I don't think it will have the gin this one does. The modified setting with the gain cranked reaches almost distortion, but much smoother and warmer.

bluescube

Silver Supporting Member
The Cool Cat TOD is good, but not toattly transparent. The only thing going for it is price and "hype". I like it for low grit but I think the CM-2 has more tonal options.

forum_crawler

I wouldn't compare the TOD to the CM-2, they are different types of overdrive. I tried a TOD and it stacks very well with pretty much any other OD pedal.

The CM-2 can indeed take you close to distortion territory, but in a much more smooth way.

Mikey2201

I had a Keeley TS808 i sold and bought Hardwire OD. I love the mod switch. EQ is excellent. I went thru batteries quickly but now i have the power supply. Excellent pedal

schenkadere

I had a Keeley TS808 i sold and bought Hardwire OD. I love the mod switch. EQ is excellent. I went thru batteries quickly but now i have the power supply. Excellent pedal
Bought it last night...couldn't resist...my last musical purchase for a long time!

May be the best OD pedal I've ever owned...for this week anyway. May knock my SRB808 plus off the board.

It is a tremendous value.

I tried the other Valve Distortion and Metal Distortion...yuck to both.

The Hardwire Reverb is nice...the spring is quite good compared to the Boss RV-5, but the Boss beats it in the room setting which is what I use most.

forum_crawler

Bought it last night...couldn't resist...my last musical purchase for a long time!

May be the best OD pedal I've ever owned...for this week anyway. May knock my SRB808 plus off the board.

It is a tremendous value.

I tried the other Valve Distortion and Metal Distortion...yuck to both.

The Hardwire Reverb is nice...the spring is quite good compared to the Boss RV-5, but the Boss beats it in the room setting which is what I use most.
I have the RV-7 and my favourite setting is the plate setting. I am not much of a spring fan, but I will agree that it is a very nice reverb unit. I like how smooth it can be so much that I always use it when playing 'clean.'

Sniper-V

I think its a great pedal. Very TS influenced but with better bottom end and more gain on tap. Also its ultimately more amp like. The best thing is that its only 99.99.

schenkadere

Now that's saying something!
I'm shocked myself. I have the SRB808 plus 2 in 1 dual OD, so it will most likely stay...but I find the Hardwire much smoother around the edges. The SRB808 is much more versatile too...maybe they can live together in harmony.

I'd consider selling the SRB808 on eBay, but not too many folks know about them, so I'm afraid I'd take too much of a loss.

Guittguy1...are you a fan of the SRB?

schenkadere

I love this pedal...just what I've been searching for...anyone interested in a good deal on a mint EPB SRB808 plus 2 in 1 Dual Overdrive with dual fatboost? It's only a few months old and never gigged!

Trending Topics