Digitech HarmonyMan for gigging?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TDavis, Feb 27, 2009.

1. TDavis

TDavis Member

This pedal has caught my interest and looks to be pretty "player friendly", and I was wondering if anyone is using the HarmonyMan in a gigging situation?
    I'm not much on using effects when practicing or noodling around at home, though this one might be alot of fun for that, I'm mainly interested in this effect to help add harmony parts that I need to add in with the cover band I play with on the weekends. Our lead singer plays guitar..acoustic & electric, but can't help out with harmony lines, so I'm just doing the best I can at the moment. If anyone is using it in this situation, I'd appreciate any and all honest feedback on it.
    Thanks!

2. TDavis

TDavis Member

Anyone using one of these?

3. TDavis

TDavis Member

4. FireLine

FireLine Member

I have one. I really like it. I use it for cover songs like the Allman brothers Jessica, Thin Lizzie etc, but I also use it for a bunch of other effects. I use a stereo rig so I can take advantage of the stereo detune on the HarmonyMan which is pretty impressive - sounds just like EVH. I also use it with an octave up and an octave down mixed back a bit just for an effect. I strongly recommend it. However, don't buy it if you want to shift chords - it doesn't sound great for that.

5. peridot1

peridot1 Member

I don't gig with it. Just recording. Very responsive nice sounding pedal. A keeper for me. With the eventide pitchfactor coming out this one will fall way under the radar. You might want to wait for the eventide. Harmonyman cannot do chords.

6. TDavis

TDavis Member

Thanks Guys...I was beginning to think there weren't that many around.

I don't want it for chordal work..just to add harmony to single note lines that our singer can't help out with.
    The Eventide should be a great unit, but I like keeping things as simple as possible so we'll see how the HM works out. I appreciate you guys "chiming in" on this!

7. peridot1

peridot1 Member

Want to add that I had to use this first (clean in) in the chain with my OD in the dirt loop to retain my original tone. I've heard others managed to do otherwise though. But once you get it going you can play as fast as you want and it'll keep up with you.

8. TDavis

TDavis Member

I appreciate the tip, and I have spoken with a couple of sales reps at music stores that I've contacted say that the OD's need to be in the HM "dirt loop" as well.
    I'm sure the Eventide would be a better unit, but I could always up grade if I seen that this is something that will be useful and worth the bucks in a live playing scenario. I really like the look of the Pitchfactor..I haven't checked on size, but it appears to have a smaller footprint?