Digitech Jamman Looper: File Transfer Question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vorvick, Jan 24, 2008.

1. vorvick

vorvick Silver Supporting Member

Howdy All:

When I transfer loops form Jamman to computer the output (from the computer) is a LOT lower (quieter) than I expected. Any tips?

V

2. WailinGuy

WailinGuy Supporting Member

It's been a while since I've done this myself, so I don't remember if I ran into the same issue.

Is it possible you're being too conservative when you set the input gain level knob on your Jamman? It should be OK for the input overload LED to blink occasionally, as long as it doesn't stay on for any extended period.

3. vorvick

Thank Jim - I tweak the input level up as high as I can reasonably go, but I still have the problem. Essentially, it plays back great through my amp, but when a xfer it to computer, I have to really crank it to hear it.

4. VinceM

VinceM Member

If you have a wave file editor or similar software you can normalize the file after you bring it intot he computer, so the wave file will have the maximum level possible without clipping. I do that as a rule whenever I import wave files because levels are often lower than I would like as well.

5. vorvick

Thanks Vince:

Can you suggest an editor?

V

6. vorvick

7. ToneJamFX

ToneJamFX Member

cool edit pro is pretty straight forward.

8. VinceM

VinceM Member

vorvick - sorry for the delay in responding - I'd google "wave file editor" and see if you can find a free one. Maybe you can try a multitracking software like Audacity. I think that's free, too. A google of "mutitracking software" would be good to check as well. Cool Edit is now called Adobe Audition - that's a good one (but not free). Typically you can download demo versions of these to see if you like them before you buy.

Vince

9. vorvick

10. vorvick

Update:
    I downloaded Wave Pad from NCH (freeware). I was able to increase the volume of the file using the "amplify" effect. Couldn't get close to a normal cd volume level, but it helped.