Digitech Jamman Solo users help (persistent hum!)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by amdowell, May 16, 2011.

1. amdowell

amdowell Supporting Member

When I plug it in, even when it's off, there's a high-pitched hum. My power supply and pedals are fine because I have 4 other pedals that are dead quiet. Tried it at the end of my chain out front and in the FX loop and still the hum persists. Any suggestions?

2. tim gueguen

tim gueguen Member

Try it on a separate power supply. Delays, loopers, and other power hungry digital pedals often get noisy if daisychained on a power supply with other stuff.

3. jguitarnash

jguitarnash Member

Yes-I'd try to isolate it and see if you get hum if its COMPLETELY on its own too. It could possibly need a different power supply. Is it the one that came with it??

4. amdowell

Nah, it's daisy-chained on the end of a Boss TU-2 with 3 other pedals before it. They're all dead quiet, but I do have the power supply that came with it. I'll try it isolated to see what happens. If that doesn't work, do you think it has anything to do with it not being true bypass--should I look into getting one of those true bypass loopers?

5. jguitarnash

jguitarnash Member

I think its a power supply issue rather than a true bypass issue...just my 2 cents...going from what I have seen....

6. amdowell

Yup, it was a power supply issue. All's well! Thanks jguitarnash!

7. _Brandon

_Brandon Member

I have the same problem with mine using it with a 1 Spot. I specifically bought the Solo so I didn't have to drag another power supply with me since my original Jamman is AC only. Disappointing.:( Back to the store it goes.

8. amdowell

I just bought a Monster surge protector/power supply and have a couple adapters plugged into that sitting on my pedalboard. Even have my amp plugged into it for a little more "conditioned" power. Everything works perfect now.

sasa likes this.