Digitech Jamman Solo XT - improvements & suggestions

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by filo01, Nov 23, 2013.

1. filo01

filo01 Member

Hi Tom (DigitechRep),
    I'm a satisfied owner of Jamman Solo XT, but as everything not all is the best. I've tried to sum up my suggestions from using of XT and I would like to ask you for answers, thanks!

Features mentioned below could be exposed by JamManager only or fully implemented into hardware (I don't know if it is a technically possible)

A- Storing of loop:
    1. New on/off item in the Setup: Auto store current loop when moved to next loop. It would be a huge improvement for me.
    2. for future - Allow to store loop by foot. I would like to have a "hands-free" looper as much as possible. I know, another jack for footswitch will be required, but maybe in some successor ... ;)

B- Rhythm:
    1. New item in the Setup: Rhythm mode - Rec&Play, OnlyRec. I would like to hear internal rhythm only during recording, now I can't do that without bending down and turn off a rhythm level to zero.
    2. Default rhythm
    Each new (empty) loop is predefined with rhy5. I would like to change it (for all new loops) to rhy2, but it is impossible now. So allow to user set a predefined rhythm type for empty loops.

C- Fade out
    1. Allow to set a time of fade, 10s looks enough, but decrease of volume is too fast in my opinion.

JamManager XT:
    1. Would be nice to know what has been fixed or improved in a new firmware version which is offered by JamManager.
    2. Add loop functionality into embedded audio player

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  2. gulliver

gulliver Member

Great minds think alike, I have the exact same complaints with my JamMan Delay.

This model has a real time tap tempo. Pretty cool, huh? Not really, you need to save the loops before it works and for that you need to bend over and use a finger.

I'm learning how to record my rhythm section within a song, play lead, then turn off the loop to continue playing the rhythm. Fade out works good for this but it comes on too fast.

3. Fatherflot

Fatherflot Supporting Member

Could a mode be created that allows a loop to be multiplied based on the overdub performance? In other words:

1) I have a short loop play over and over in loop mode
    2) I play a solo over it, say for 3 minutes
    3) JamMan saves a new loop which consists of the first loop multiplied up to 3 minutes plus the entire overdub performance.

See what I mean?

4. gulliver

gulliver Member

^ I could see a use for that when adding bass lines, the original could be one measure over and over, the bass line (or rhythm part) overdub could be longer.

5. filo01

filo01 Member

Hi again, after maybe an hour with JamManager XT (v.2.0) I have to say I'm very very disappointed.
    Level and Multiply functions from older JamManager is missing and it is not the worst part. Application's help is missing too and I didn't find a way how to show my custom loops (18, 20-22), tried to connect, disconnect, reinstall, everything for nothing.
    See to screens below, first is from JamManagerXT, the second one from older JamManager.
    In the end I have a good news for Jamman SoloXT owners- you can use JamManager without fear, works like a charm (don't bother an "Unrecognize device" label), even stereo loops is preserved and not converted into mono. I really don't see any benefit of JamManagerXT :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. meatier shower

meatier shower Member

If jam manager XT doesn't crash every five seconds, it would be worth.

Jam Manager is one of the worst written programs I've ever used. Loads of potential, but it will crash at random times and lose all the changes you've made since there's no save button.

7. filo01

filo01 Member

What is a value of JamManagerXT if you can't export to PC (and even can't see) your custom loops from Jamman? For me - zero.

8. filo01

filo01 Member

Question to DigitechRep - Tom Cram (I hope you are still "listening" us ;) here)
    I would like to disable AUX input for looping and use it just for playing thru.
    Is it possible to do that somehow or is there any chance to add this feature to the next firmware update?
    Thanks for your answer.