Digitech Jamman to PC to CD

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by mixer, Jan 22, 2008.

1. mixer

mixer Member

I originally bought the Digitech for saving multiple loops for my gigs but then I added a 1GB card and have dubbed up some nice acoustic guitar full song arrangements. Makes sense to burn a CD for family, demo/promo and backup. I run a laptop with XP and have a built in burner.
    What experience or advice do you all have . Can I do this and get a reasonable result or am I nuts? Is there simple software to EQ, compress etc before I burn? All comments are welcome. Thanks

2. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

if i understand... couldn't you xfer the loops to the pc... then use something like Reaper or Audacity to EQ etc.?

3. mixer

mixer Member

Thanks for the input. I have transfered the loops to my PC and will down load Reaper soon. Seems many agree Reaper is a good start. I'll post what happens.

4. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

Let me know how it goes, I just got my Jamman myself and will probably do the same thing.

Jon

5. oldschoolguy

oldschoolguy Member

So, how did it go? Did your CDs turn out OK? Any tips to share with those of us who plan to do the same?? Or should we forget the whole scheme as unworkable in reality?

6. Mondoslug

Mondoslug Member

I've had a JamMan for about a week & have had no problems going back & forth between JamMan & my Mac & importing & exporting the files in & out of Pro Tools. You probably need to get a handle on the levels is about it.