Digitech Jimi Hendrix Pedal - Trower Covers

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bastet, Apr 18, 2008.

1. bastet

bastet Member

Will the Digitech Jimi Hendrix Pedal work well for doing Robin Trower covers?

AMPs: Marshall Blueskreaker and VOX AC30CC1 Guitars : Strats and Pauls.

2. bastet

bastet Member

Ok I know it's not a Timmy or an OCD - which there are a thousand threads.

How about just quality of effects / sounds through and amp mono - stereo.

3. bastet

bastet Member

4. drolling

drolling Member

Hey, pal'.. this's the gear page, where nothing but the finest, most rarefied, unobtainable, N.O.S., discontinued & unavailable components are then meticulously cherry-picked & hand-matched to be utilized (not just "used" like them reglar guys) in the creation of the most best greatest needed stompbox a pedal-pushin geetar picker could ever want, use or even dream of..

And that's not all.. Comes with its own personalized, hand-crafted AC adaptor & plush, exotic velvet "stash" bag, signed by Jimi his'seff!!!

CAN YOU SAY BOOOTEEK????

dint think so..

..me neether

5. wildschwein

wildschwein Member

Well...it has a Univibe sound in it; so it might do okay. The classic Trower sound is largely fuzz with Univibe and sometimes wah- and I think that sort of tone is one of the sounds in the Digi pedal. Might do the trick but I like the idea of having a fuzz, a Univibe pedal and a wah pedal seperately so I can dial in other sounds when I feel like it. They don't need to be boutique IMO though. EHX Double Muff Fuzz, Moen Shaky Jimi and a TB modded Dunlop GCB-95 wah + a little echo from a Moen Pretty Dolly complete my own personal combo for Trower-esque sounds.

6. drolling

drolling Member

..Just read this & found it niether hepful nOR funny,,, so, let's hear it one mo' wunst..

Actually bought one of these things,and itiS A load of fun - Literally turns my GF's clock radiio into a Marshall stack.. seriously.. *modeled* samples of univibe, germ and/or silicon fuzzes, EYE-talian wah-wahs, studio plate reverb.. Even that Zero Flange effect yuo here on "Sum,buddies House's Burnin"...fxxkin' awesome.

But sounds best direct, as the base tone is a simulated cranked Plexi. So, cool for looping, DI recording,etc..

Eventually gave it to my buddy, whose playing time's restricted to latenights, in the basement..

He's real happy with it.

As are the wife & kids