Digitech Mosaic......................

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by major-minor, Apr 23, 2015.

1. major-minor

major-minor Member

Anybody using one of these yet? Local dealer has one on order and I'm looking forward to trying it.

Demos don't sound bad to me.

2. Nevil Bamshoot

Nevil Bamshoot Member

I've been using one for several months now. I like it a lot and find it useful. I play a lot of post-rock-ish, shoe-gazey, heavily affected guitar. I can imagine a version 2.0 of it sounding better, it is a little cold and digital sounding. It doesn't so much sound like a rich, thick 12-string to my ears BUT, you don't have to spend all of your time tuning it like you do an actual 12-string. There is something slightly detuned-sounding about it, like a chorus effect with mid-level octaves thrown in, but I'm OK with that. Definitely try it out in person if you have a chance, some like me will like it right away, but for some people they should really just get a 12-string.

3. hamerman55

hamerman55 Silver Supporting Member

I've had mine for two months, and jammed with it once already. The easiest and most convincing tone right off is clean on the lower strings. "Day Tripper" sound awesome. With careful tweaking, it gets the job done on most things. A little mild compression helps. I use the Mooer Yellow Comp. it has the eq on it, and that lets you add a little more jangle. I also find it is good overdriven for Mahavishnu Orchestra type arpeggios. Getting the shimmer of the higher double courses is tricky, but I think with more experimentation with compression and eq will do the trick for me. One of the keys is moderate settings, as when you crank the tone and mix, it sounds a bit more artificial. Take your time, start at noon the controls and I think you will get some great sounds. I did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. RunBeerRun

RunBeerRun Member

It seems cool, too expensive for me right now, just playing at home.