Digitech new for NAMM and 2017 speculation thread

downburst82

So digitech is one of my favorite fx companies and they have been teasing that they have some cool new stuff in the works!

I figure there are threads like this for a few other fx builders why not digitech.

For me I would love to see new larger format multi/super delay and polyphonic pitchshifter/harmony pedals, basically the next generation of the timebender and harmonyman (both awesome pedals, the timebender will be on my board till they give me a reason to take it off ;)).
And since digitechs polyohonic algo's are the best (drop, whammy, ricochet) and it would be amazing to see them go all out!!

Last edited:
Subscribed as well. Currently owning 4 of their pedals, I would be extremely interested to see any new releases from Tom and his crew and adding more to them. Fantastic company, one of my 2 favourite big-name pedal-makers.

canbaz

I would like to see a more complete polyphonic pitch shifter. Multiple simultaneous harmonies, volume could be adjusted for each harmony, and pitch could be shifted like a Whammy for all harmonies together. Also good to keep the original dry signal that can be mixed in any degree. Like an ehx pog2 with expression pedal and/or midi input for bends.

S. S. Bender

Obscura+Polara in one box. 2 footswitches and the option for both at once.

Please?!

the Obscara!

Yes and yes... Only with four foot switches, a minimum of two TRS jacks plus MIDI for external foot switch/expression/sync control, a minimum of twenty programmable presets, a large LCD display with BPM and milliseconds, discrete stereo ins and outs, two separate but full-functioning delay engines and one reverb engine with more Lexicon algorithms for all, series and parallel options galore, deep editing control especially when it comes to modulation parameters, all the panning and strum tempo options of the Timebender but none of the pitch shifting unless it can be improved, one or more minutes of stereo loop sampling with reverse and speed options, and whatever other cool stuff that Tom can "Cram" in there. :D

Even though Digitech/DOD is kicking ass and taking names lately, I'm not overly optimistic that what I described above is on their agenda. However, I hope it is, and would like to see some serious competition for the soon to be released Mooer Audio Ocean Machine.

Last edited:

Wolfboy1

Kids, Grandkids, and Dogs...that's my life!
Silver Supporting Member
I've got to think it will be some completely new stuff. I don't see them re-working the recent releases yet. DOD has been on a roll with dirt (Carcosa, Looking Glass, Bone Shaker) and Digitech has been hitting the modulation and delays, so I see possible openings for a Digitech Wah of some sort and an envelope filter from one of them. I also kind of hoping for an arppagiator of some sort. I thought the Dirty Robot was an awesome blended type effect and could see them doing another hybrid pedal involving an auto-wah/fuzz or arppagiator/tremelo/stutter. Who knows, but I am looking forward to the announcement.

olejason

DigiTech plz....

4304d1233173679-xp300.gif

mtayl339

I've never played a Space Station, but Nick from Tera Melos did an awesome/hilarious demo for Pedals and Effects (where @DigiTechRep was interviewed once!) and it sounded insane. I guess it was too messed up for the 90s when it originally came out, but things are crazier in terms of effects AND what people do with them now. I love the preset where the signal slows down as you rock the pedal forward and then gets reversed in the toe up position. Like WTF???!!

Bucksears

I had the XP400 (Reverberator), but didn't bond with it at the time; probably because I didn't bond with the amp I was running through, either.
I could easily see the 300 (synth/shimmer) and the 400 (reverbs) merged into one pedal, similar to an Eventide Space.

Multiple presets + volume-pedal control = no-brainer hit

Occam

I'd love to see a modern Space Station but they've said over and over again how it won't happen so I've settled on using my H9's with an expression pedal. It's funny that most of the time I see people bring Digitech in my circles it's either about or will turn into a conversation about the Space Station and they're more interested in things few, if anyone is asking for. I think some companies would really love that kind of interest in a possible design but not them. So bring on the Whammy VI or another overdrive.

Bucksears

But there's a difference between reissuing the Space Station (which they've said they're not) and doing a whole NEW reverb/synth/shimmer unit.
They've had some dabbling in it with the Hardwire 'verbs, so it's not out of the realm of possibility.

olejason

They've said a straight reissue isn't possible because there is no way to retrieve the original algorithms and translate them into modern architecture but management was also hesitant to greenlight the project due to poor sales of the original unit. I think it's pretty goofy to say no to the project due to sales from 20+ years ago. Maybe the Samsung bosses will step in and demand it :p

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
I think Digitech could do an amazing job at an "organ" pedal like EHX is having such success with. I doubt they have an interest though, and I have no idea if patents or copyright issues would interfere.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom