Digitech RP1000 question-Hi Gain pedal in front/stomp loop

AriBoiangiu

Silver Supporting Member
Hey all, I have picked up a digitech rp1000 real cheap, and I've had the GSP and RP355 over the years with great results. Question-If i want to use my MESA BOOGIE Throttle Box in the stomp loop or in front of the RP1000, which amp model or cabinet will handle high gain pedals nicely? I run my rig direct to PA with in-ears or a power engine. Anyone here use a dirt pedal for leads? How do you set it up? Thanks!
Ari

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
I always found the internal stomps in my rp 1000 to sound as good or better than 99% of the pedals I've ever owned.

3dognate

I always found the internal stomps in my rp 1000 to sound as good or better than 99% of the pedals I've ever owned.
They indeed do, The TS9/808/sparkle drive sound fantastic.... same with the OCD model and the Digitech Grunge and Death Metal are Buh-rootal but tight.

neoprimitive

same goes for my rp355 and rp500. only dedicated pedal I'm interested in getting is a fuzz factory. the rp's do 99.9% of everything I could ever want to do with a guitar.. I'm still discovering what they are capable of. years of endless entertainment for me.

AriBoiangiu

Silver Supporting Member
Ok, so I do love the sound of my mesa throttle box. I can't get the stomps in my rp1000 to sound as good.

That being said, how do you set up the stomps in the rp1000? I mean, which amp/cabinet models are you using as platforms?

3dognate

Ok, so I do love the sound of my mesa throttle box. I can't get the stomps in my rp1000 to sound as good.

That being said, how do you set up the stomps in the rp1000? I mean, which amp/cabinet models are you using as platforms?
The Twin model with the ALT 4x12 is a good start for the high gain stomps.

The DigiTech clean is good too...

My favorite really heavy tones with the GSP were with the Soldano and the gain about half and a tube screamer engaged or Just a 5150 model.... way more gain on tap than I'd ever use and we do some Theory of a Deadman kinda heavy stuff sometimes.

The JCM800 model sounds good with a Tube Screamer too.

Trending Topics