Digitech Trio and Trio+ owners...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Tonecap, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Tonecap

Tonecap Member

Got a new digitech Trio + and have noticed the "style" encoder knob seems to act kinda sporadic when going thru different settings. Sometimes it works fine going from one setting to another and other times it will skip over one or two settings making me have to backtrack to get to the one it skipped over. It becomes kinda annoying. Was curious how common this was. Anyone else notice this behavior with theirs? Thanks

2. Ugly Bunny

Ugly Bunny Supporting Member

So you're saying that if you have a particular beat going, and the "style" knob has, say, 5 green lights lit and 2 yellow lights, you're saying that if you're on the first green light and you're trying to turn it to the next one up, it'll skip the next one and go to the third one up?

Hmm. I've never had this issue. Perhaps @DigiTechRep can chime in - maybe you just need to reset the unit. I don't think it should be doing that.

3. Tonecap

Tonecap Member

Yep, you got it. Sometimes it will toggle thru each setting (or light) and other times it will jump one or two. Even jumped four settings a couple times. It also doesn't seem to have as strong "clicky" of a feel as the genre knob either. Encoder on the fritz?

4. Kasdaddy

Kasdaddy Member

I have no complaints with the knob on mine. Might be worth seeing if they'll fix it.

5. Clark GriswoId

Clark GriswoId Supporting Member

Ive got a + on the way. Ill let you know what i encounter

6. Tom Von Kramm

Tom Von Kramm Vendor

That doesn't sound normal. Are you using the included PSU? If it is underpowered it will sometimes exhibit strange behavior. If you bought it new from an authorized retailer then you are still within the return window, I'd swap it for a new one with the retailer. If you run into any trouble let me know.

Wolfboy1 likes this.
  7. Tonecap

Tonecap Member

Yeah that's what i was thinking I might do. Thanks for chiming in! Much appreciated

Tom Von Kramm likes this.
  8. Clark GriswoId

Clark GriswoId Supporting Member

Just received the + today. Wow, this thing is amazing.

9. Guitar432

Guitar432 Member

Got mine a couple weeks ago and have been loving it. However, mine also does exactly what the OP is describing. The Genre knob also does it on mine. Lastly, if I am playing "live" along with a bass/drum track (with or without a looped part going), the live lead guitar will very quickly "warble" or "trill". Almost like your voice did when you talked into a fan as a kid. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Sounds like I should probably try to exchange the unit for another? I bought it through Amazon reseller GearTree...