digitech trio?

gtrplr71

If you plug the trio in to the input of the amp will the drums and bass be distorted on a high gain amp?

Ugly Bunny

If you just go Guitar > Trio+ > Amp, then yes. But if you use the the Trio+'s FX Loop (Guitar > Trio > Trio FX send > Amp > Amp FX Send > Trio+ FX Return > Amp FX Return), it will sound fine.

Where the drum & bass section sound best, however is going out to a full range system like a computer interface or something.

gtrplr71

What about my other pedals delay reverb Etc.? I have the original trio sorry I should have clarified.

Tom Von Kramm

Platinum Supporting Member
What about my other pedals delay reverb Etc.? I have the original trio sorry I should have clarified.

Same. Run the guitar-pedals out to your dirty channel, and the drum/bass out to clean channel or to the FX Return on your amp.

gtrplr71

Same. Run the guitar-pedals out to your dirty channel, and the drum/bass out to clean channel or to the FX Return on your amp.
Have you heard or tried running it last in an effects loop behind a reverb and delay? I am going to have to almost rewire my board to accommodate this. I run the Polara and SA nemesis in the loop and a Mini TS in the front of the amp.

Clark GriswoId

Looks Great. Little Full, Lotta Sap.
Silver Supporting Member
Have you heard or tried running it last in an effects loop behind a reverb and delay? I am going to have to almost rewire my board to accommodate this. I run the Polara and SA nemesis in the loop and a Mini TS in the front of the amp.

Yes- it sucks rewiring the entire board. I just rewired my while board in preparation for adding the trio +.

Got to break a couple eggs to make an omelette

Tom Von Kramm

Platinum Supporting Member
I'd try TRIO by itself in the loop first to see if it is going to sound the way you want. I'd hate to have you re-do your board and be disappointed.

You'll get the best result running the drum/bass to a full range system, so keep in mind that is the optimal signal path. Running into your amp will always be a compromise.

gtrplr71

I'd try TRIO by itself in the loop first to see if it is going to sound the way you want. I'd hate to have you re-do your board and be disappointed.

You'll get the best result running the drum/bass to a full range system, so keep in mind that is the optimal signal path. Running into your amp will always be a compromise.
Thanks I am about to give it a run.

Ugly Bunny

Wait; if you have the original Trio, just put it at the front of your signal chain with the "amp" output going to the rest and the "mixer" output going to either the clean channel or a proper full-range system. It needs the best guitar signal it can get in order to track the best. If you don't have the plus, there's no reason to put it anywhere but the beginning of your chain.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom