Digitech Whammy DT

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rocking Sabbath, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Rocking Sabbath

Rocking Sabbath Member

Anybody have any thoughts/comments on how well the drop tune works on the Digitech Whammy DT? I don't mind tuning down to C#, but with .009s the tuning seems to drift a lot until everything settles in withg the loose strings. Gets to be a nuissance after while when bouncing around different tracks.

2. Brian Johnston

Brian Johnston Member

3. john l

john l Member

My opinion is....that things huge.

4. rich_chaffins

rich_chaffins Silver Supporting Member

Just brought one home today, actually. Very happy with the job they did with the polyphonic re-tuning stuff, and the ability to whammy chords is silly cool. I think the drop tune sounds great, although you will probably want to adjust your tone after...it gets a bit muddy as you get lower.

5. Codyh630

Codyh630 Member

I use it all the time, mostly for switching between drop D and drop B in the post hardcore band I play in. There is a SLIGHT degrade in the tone, but not really noticeable. It tracks really well on single notes and full chords without really taking away form the sustain like the Morpheus Drop Tune did (which I had for a year before switching to this). In a live setting or at practice, I can't tell the difference in tone at all. I would say go for it!