• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Digitech Whammy for "Rage Against The Machine" songs?

2HBStrat

I may need to cover a Rage against the Machine song that has a weird chirping whistling wah sound that I was told was probably done with a Digitech Whammy......does anyone know if this is correct and is the pedal I need to get that sound? Thanks!

R.C.Moran

Gold Supporting Member
Killing in the Name was the Whammy. Another fun effect, the glissando at the beginning of Wake Up was Morello using the tuners, not sliding up and down the neck.

Pedal Dan

The Island of Misfit Pedals
I've found the Ibanez DFL digital flanger nails his distortion tone... Cause that's what he used!

Seriously... I haven't found any other way to get that metallic high end that Tom gets in the recordings.

gennation

Yes. The whammy pedal will do that classic ratm sound to a tee. I did "something in the name of" before with a boss harmonizer pedal and a expression pedal tied together. The other guitarist in the group lent them to me and I don't recall the exact setup. It was about 8 years ago for a one off show but with the right pedal combo the ratm riffs were pretty pin.

Ben S.

Just want to say I passed Tom on the street not too long ago in St. Maarten. He saw how shocked and happy I was. He had his boy riding on his shoulders. Man, that was hard to resist.
My wife assured me I would have just bored him to death talking gear (she is definitely on to us tgp'ers :hide2 )

OverdriveLover

Silver Supporting Member
I've found the Ibanez DFL digital flanger nails his distortion tone... Cause that's what he used!

Seriously... I haven't found any other way to get that metallic high end that Tom gets in the recordings.
are talking about the flange parts specifically or his tone in general?

Trending Topics