Dim led on GE-7

LPV

I picked up a used BOSS GE-7 eq today. Anyone have an idea why the led would only very dimly light ? Barely visible. This is using my onespot cs7 which is working fine.

musicman1

Try it using a battery. The leds on the older boss pedals are duller than the new pedals but not barely visible.

Fitzer

Silver Supporting Member
Very easy to mod it for 9v if you’re even just a little bit handy. Or if it’s a black label MIJ model, sell it for about 70 bucks, buy a used 9v model for about 50, and pocket some cash.

HoweFan

Blix may have nailed it, depending on how old. Look at the label on the bottom; if it says "ACA Adapter," it's a 12 volter. "PSA Adapter" means it'll use any modern, normal 9v adapter.

If you have the older type, you can share power via a daisy chain (9V) with a non ACA pedal (any brand, doesn't have to be Boss) and it'll work fine. The other option is to mod it for 9V operation; a diode & a resistor are removed, with jumper wires replacing them. An easy mod.

LPV

Thanks folks. Flipped it to 12v and it’s fine. I had one of the 9v ones years ago and had no clue there was a 12v version.

Trending Topics