• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Dimarzio 36th anniversary PAF?

sam7

Anybody tried it before, and what are your thoughts? looking for a PAF style bridge pickup for my strat...

I just put one in a strat- 1 bucker 80's style. Ash body with maple neck and vintage trem. Sounds killer without being too hot or to underwound. Very well eq'd with a good balance across all tonal points.
Highly recommended unless you want dead accurate type unpotted PAF tones

plexi

Last edited:

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
I really like mine. They are focused and tight, yet warm and open. They split really well.

Plenty of people rave about them... they seem like an excellent value if you're looking for a PAF-style pup.

I mentioned them to a friend who was looking to upgrade... he just said: "I don't like DiMarzio"... I thought that was rather close minded... DiMarzio was a pioneer in the pup replacement biz.

M

harpinon

They do sound nice I'll say. It took me a little while to get used to them. Especially when switching guitars mid show. The tone is sweet. It takes a bit more push on the amp or pedal gain to distort than hotter pups though.
I put them in an Epi LP. Definite upgrade from what I had. Do I like them better than the Gibby classic '57's......not a chance.

Trending Topics