• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Dimarzio D Sonic VS Seymour JB VS Gibson 500T......which one best for me?

Kris robert

Now I looking for the best Pickup for my music style.
I play a lot of Modern Rock and Metal (Fireflight / Lostprophets / Funeral for a friend / Nickelblack ) and a little bit of Dream theater

I want a High output Great for Distortion sound and good bright like JB for Clean sound

for replace my stock Epiphone Lespaul Custom Bridge Pickup

Now My choice are:

- Dimarzio D Sonic
- Gibson 500T
- Seymour Duncan JB (I have used once in my old PRS custom 24 copy guitar)

JB is great but If it is another greater than JB I want to try it

Please help me find out

Foxtrot

The D-sonic is going to be great for DT bridge sounds & it splits very well with either coil. Rotating the pickup 180° completely changes the sound.

If you want to go the JB route but want something that does cleans a little better, consider a Rio Grande BBQ.

My favorite go-to bridge HB is Dimarzio's EVO-II. It crunches great, leads just sing, & it does a great clean when split (especially when run simultaneously with another single coil).

Hope that helps.

Nergalled

If you like a JB type tone, but want more clarity and headroom try the Dave Mustaine Active Set of pickups from Duncam. I LOVE the Blackouts from Duncan as well for heavy stuff. Much less compressed than EMG's and more open sounding like a Passive but with more bite and headroom. They have become my main pickups for heavy tones.

ibzmav

a little off-topic but,

i sold my JB after trying (on same guitar) the Dimarzio BREED. Sounds great on clean too.

:)