• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

DiMarzio 'glossy' bobbins

AdmiralB

DiMarzio offers, as an option on 'six screw, six slug' pickups, 'glossy' - allegedly butyrate - bobbins. They also offer nickel-silver long-leg baseplates.

I've never seen these in person, but every example I can find online has both or neither; that is, I can't find glossy bobbins and brass base, or nickel base and 'regular' bobbins.

I wonder if they're sourcing the same butyrate bobbins as everyone else. That also might explain why they don't offer an F-spaced glossy option.

But that implies that the glossy pickups have a slightly different pole spacing, since DiMarzio's 'standard' spacing is a little narrower than Gibson/Duncan/etc....which would explain why I only see the baseplate/bobbins in combination.

Does anyone own glossy AND regular DiMarzios? If so, could you measure the respective pole spacings and let me know if they're different?

Thanks!

Last edited:

killerburst

killerburstguitars.com
Silver Supporting Member
Vintage glossy bobbins, single-conductor cable, and long-legged nickel silver baseplates are all a la carte options. You can order any combination.