Dimarzio noiseless pups.... WOW

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
:eek: Holy SH&T!!!
My Peavey Predator is a really beat up and abused guitar (not from me, until recently). I dismantled it for the second time and resanded, restained and used Tung Oil this time as the finish. As I was doing this I found a good deal on TGP (Thanks sweetpea) for Dimarzio Area 61's and 54's....
I have to say, the stock Peavey pups on this little strat were defintely nice and bright and sounded good to my ears. I replaced them with GFS grey bottoms (for get the exact model) more to practice soldering and getting used to working on partscasters... I still need more practice (wait until you see this guitar!!!!:crazy)
But I got these pups (neck and middle = 61's, bridge = 54, although I believe I could move them around with no issues if I wanted) and HOT DAMN these sound good. Big, fat, warm, clear and clean and very quiet (even in a noisy basement with unshielded cavity and lame soldering technique). I have to burn all this in (didn't even really do a setup on the guitar as of yet) but these sound really, really good.
I know there are some recent posts about these, figured I'd write a little review. I like em A LOT!

Alejandro

Area '61 (middle) and HeavY Blues 2 (neck) and PAF (Bridge) in one of my strats..cool PU's!

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
I also love the Dimarzio noiseless pickups.

jamison162

Interesting that a lot of you guys are going with stronger neck and bridge pickups and leaving the middle weak.

I'm thinking of trying the A58, A61, HB2 in my ash Grosh RC...order up!

HarryJ

'61 neck, '58' middle HB2 bridge is a very sweet setup.

Personally, I prefer a slightly more glassy neck tone like the '58 and the soon to be released Area '67 especially with lots of OD

This tune is the Area '67 neck, '58 middle and HB2 bridge
http://www.harryj.net/ConFusion.mp3

Strat into Bassman with Analogman KOT and Pigtronix Fuzz
I dialed in pretty warm neck tones with the OD's, but the '67 is able to bite a bit in a very cool way

Harry Jacobson
www.harryj.net

Trending Topics

Top Bottom