Dimarzio Pickup Impedance Question

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by markj, Feb 26, 2009.

1. markj

markj Member

I picked up my Dimarzio Areas and my Virtual Solo yesterday. The Solo's impedance is rated 11.17 and I'm reading 10.80 ohms. Is this a big deal or is this within an acceptable range?

Thanks Mark

2. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

hold the pickup in your hand for a minute till it warms up, and you'll likely get that much difference in the reading. don't worry about it.

3. markj

markj Member

I did warm up the pickup with my hand and sure enough the value went up to 11.08 so it's closer. I call Dimarzio tomorrow and pick their brains about this. I also want to know about the 560 pf cap and 300K resistor jumper on the volume pot. According the instructions this helps retain the highs when the volume pot is rolled down.

I'll definately let you know what I think when I get them in. They're replaceing CS69's in my '03 MIA Strat. I'm also putting in a Callaham trem block and saddles.