Dimarzio question

gunslinger

To turn a dual sound into a super distortion. Just solder the black and white wires together. Then solder the green and shield (bare wire) to ground and the red to hot.

Blue Lizard

The Dual Sound alway included a mini toggle in the package as well. At least they used to.
That’s the way my Dimarzio Steve Morse (bridge) pickup was packaged when I bought it in around 1990. Got it to turn my Stat into a HSS; used the mini-toggle for series/parallel switching. I remember the instructions mentioning the “Dual Sound” option that using the switch gave.

Noise Under The Floor

Platinum Supporting Member
That’s the way my Dimarzio Steve Morse (bridge) pickup was packaged when I bought it in around 1990. Got it to turn my Stat into a HSS; used the mini-toggle for series/parallel switching. I remember the instructions mentioning the “Dual Sound” option that using the switch gave.
I just checked. Dual Sound is still in the lineup. Just a SD with a mini toggle. I remember buying mine new at 16 in the 80s, first new pickup for me, and I thought it the coolest s#!t lol.

Tonekat

Gold Supporting Member
Once upon a time, I put a Dual Sound in my LPC bridge, and a push-pull pot. The neck was a P.A.F. DiMarzio. Got some great sounds out of that setup. Using diff. p/u's these days.

gunslinger

If you use a mini DPDT three way (on/on/on) switch you can get series humbucking/single coil/parallel humbucking.

Trending Topics