DiMarzio Super 2 neck pup?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by supa_scoopa, Feb 28, 2008.

1. supa_scoopa

supa_scoopa Member

does anyone have a Dimarzio Super2 neck pickup? what you got in the bridge??? Other than the obvious SuperD :BEER

2. disaster

disaster Member

a Super-2 question and a Kyuss handle- of course!
    Just kidding. Josh is the man. Sorry to distract from the point of the OP.

3. supa_scoopa

supa_scoopa Member

yah I guess I really shouldn't care what's int the bridge anyways. I might just pair it up with another Super2!!!

4. Lance

Lance Member

5. Lance

Lance Member

DO NOT! I REPEAT...DO NOT PUT ANOTHER SUPER 2 IN THE BRIDGE. I know of someone who did this, and it absolutely ruined the guitar's sound. It's just not designed to work there. SD, sure, no problem at all.

6. Pete Galati

Pete Galati Member

I had a Super-2 from the late '70s in the neck position of my '82 Les Paul for years. The last bridge pickup with it was with was a Super-3.

I'm getting ready to take it out of retirement and put the old Super-2 in the neck position of a Fat Tele build. Still have to do the neck route:

[​IMG]

I ordered a stacked Duncan Custom Shop "Pearly Gates" Esquire pickup for the bridge position. That'll take a few weeks.

That's my Glendale CRS bridgeplate and saddles that I got for a second Esquire build. But I need a Fat Tele a little more than a 2nd Esquire.

This old Super-2 is a really nice pickup. I assume they're still pretty decent. Nice cutting sound. I imagine they'd be a good matchup for most high power bridge pickups.