Dimarzio Virtual PAF neck ... my tech said its the best neck bucker hes ever heard!?!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by Young Angus, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Young Angus

Young Angus Member

My tech the other day was telling me about his new favourite neck humbucker...and its the dimarzio virtual PAF neck model. He said he rates it higher than everything he's heard to date which includes lots of boutique buckers like fralins and bartolinis, probably all the duncans and all the other dimarzios...and everything else under the sun.

I read some reviews on harmony central and i must admit it sounds very tasty, but im just curious to hear some real gear head (you guys) thoughts on this pickup.

(I originally wanted a set of fralins in my les paul but am now thinking about this dimarzio one for the neck)

2. rockinlespaul

rockinlespaul Member

3. El Kabong

El Kabong Member

I initially laughed when my old friend bought some. My jaw dropped when he plugged in. The Virtual series are wonderful.

4. paulydangerous

paulydangerous Member

I'm glad to hear all of this. I'm going to load Virtual PAF-F spaced in my Strat soon..

5. Alejandro

Alejandro Supporting Member

I already have one in the bridge position, not F spaced at all and is awesome. Love it! and match perfect with two dimarzio virtual 2 bridge, in middle and neck position. All 5 position are superb
    My search is over

6. Danny G

Danny G Guest

How do they compare to the Gibbo '57 Classic? That is my favorite neck pickup (so far)