DiMarzio....."Virtual Vintage Solo" or "Injector"?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 2HBStrat, May 27, 2015.

1. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

I have a set of DiMarzio Area pickups in my Strat, but I need a stronger, louder pickup in the bridge positon, but......I want it to look like a regular Strat pickup, not like a Chopper or Li'l '59, both of which I already have. The "Injector" and the "Virtual Vintage Solo" both seem to fit the bill......which should I get? Thoughts

2. Lele

Lele Member

I used the Virtual Solo (Dimarzio DP420) in the bridge for some years and I was quite happy with it.
    I would say that it is a kind of hot (noiseless) single coil.
    It is very good also splitting it (and I liked it better split when you put it in parallel with another pickup).
    Now I have the BC-1 (with 2 blades), simply because I wanted a kind of humbucker tone, with a lot of harmonics.

3. 6Tones

6Tones Supporting Member

I prefer the Solo,tried the Injector when it came out ,didnt keep it...your setup might yield different results but I found the injector kind of lacking character.

4. Progbusters

Progbusters Member

I have the Injector. It doesn't sound like either a single or a humbucker. But it can handle like a humbucker.

5. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

What does it sound like? Is it like a cross between a single coil and a humbucker, or something different?

6. Progbusters

Progbusters Member

i have it in my powerhouse strat. Its brighter than this

Paul's guitar seems dark.

7. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

Thanks for the input. For now I have decided to put a Chopper in that position, since I already have one, and see how I like the sound, and how it looks. Thanks again...