DiMarzio VPAF clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by hacker, Jul 31, 2006.

1. hacker

hacker Member

Just installed these in my Heritage H-140 (thin body Les Paul type) running through a Reverend Kingsnake amp. This is a rush job recorded using the built in mic on my powerbook. I dont have full size speakers set up, so I was looking for opinions on the tone. Playing is sloppy-no need to tell me that!

http://www.soundclick.com/util/downloadSong.cfm?ID=4258696&key=950C3A50-7

2. Koreldyre

Koreldyre Member

3. robyogi

robyogi Silver Supporting Member

Wow - the tone is much better than I'm getting from my VHPAF...probably the body type of the guitar and the position. Mine's in the neck of a smaller, alder-bodied guitar and it's a bit mushy there. I think it sounds great in this clip. It reminded me a little of the guitar tone on the Cult's album "Electric."

4. hacker

hacker Member

Koreldyre-Thanks,

Robyogi-I have the VHPAF in the bridge, and the VPAF in the neck. I could see the VHPAF being mushy in the neck. Normally I like the Duncan '59 or a similar pickup in the neck position because it has kind of a scooped sound-than I'll use a tubescreamer type pedal to throw some mids back in.

5. joolzriff

joolzriff Member

i got a pair of dimarzio VPAF's in my 1974 lespaul custom,i havnt got a bad thing to say about them,they seem to drive my amp harder than my gibson 57 classics.