Dimazio 36th ann. PAF VS. burstbuckers

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by Bo Faulkner, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

2. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

cool the Gibson's sound like Gibson's and the DiMarzio sound like DiMarzio.
    ;)
    Both a very musical.

3. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

so far in "around the house" situation I really dig the feel of the dimarzios.. the highs are a bit more complex than it comes across in the clip and the lows are round and beautiful. havent heard it through my gig rig yet so we shall see how they fare.. the burst buckers would thin out from time to time and i would have a hard time finding my tone. I hardly ever used neck alone with the bb's.

4. NFB

NFB Senior Member

Really like the Dimarzio, extremely vintage sounding. The Gibson sound like...... well I won't say.

5. JiMB

JiMB Member

Thanks for the A/B.

My vote goes for the Dimarzios.

Jim

6. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

The dimarzios seem to have a more "full range" tone for sure.. not really more output but really great bouncy lows and as stated above the highs are smoother and more present than the clips indicate..

7. Rogue

Rogue Supporting Member

Thanks for the A\B! I've been considering a new bridge and everyone seems to really like the 36th. This helps a lot.

8. skoora

skoora Member

Was it the bridge 36th or the regular one. With Gibson's '57 Classics I find the 57+ to be spikey in the mids and prefer the reg 57 in the bridge. I wonder if it's the same for the Dimarzio's?

9. Bo Faulkner

Bo Faulkner Member

It is the bridge version.. It (like the neck one) is much thicker than the burstbuckers. I feel it is a wonderful match to the neck but I still have yet to get over to the practice room with my gig setup so I have no idea what my final verdict will be. based on the bedroom it is a winner so far. Hopefully it wont turn out like one of those women that are great in the bedroom but you cant take em out in public ;)