Dimebag Darrell Was the Greatest Metal Guitarist?

wraub

One of the things I have always enjoyed about his playing, is the playing. It's so full of energy and aggression with a deep sense of control and precision, and the rhythm section of Darrell and Vinnie was a seemingly unstoppable juggernaut of sound, much as Eddie and Alex had been previously. And, much as with DLR VH, sometimes you have to kinda get past the vocals to get to the music underneath. And, once you get a little past Phil, Pantera's music is a lot of fun, imo.

Hefalump

probably the best guitarist that ever lived. perhaps matched or surpassed only by EVH
1724977_13739603.gif

You might be the only person on the planet that thinks that.

HugoLC

Ya, whatever you think bud.
Well I can see some similarities between dime and evh
Both had their own style and tone
The way they marketed gear
Both had their own distinctive swing
Massive display of fun
Both played locked in with their brothers
Let's keep in mind dime was a big evh fan
He was able to play EVH and Rhoads easily at the age of 18 and it sounds dead on
To each their own but when you get why he's awesome , he truly is

Hefalump

Well I can see some similarities between dime and evh
Both had their own style and tone
The way they marketed gear
Both had their own distinctive swing
Massive display of fun
Both played locked in with their brothers
Let's keep in mind dime was a big evh fan
He was able to play EVH and Rhoads easily at the age of 18 and it sounds dead on
To each their own but when you get why he's awesome , he truly is
To say he was the best guitarist, really, not by a country mile. My Bud Ryan, whom I started playing guitar with, was playing Yngwie at age 13. So what.

HugoLC

To say he was the best guitarist, really, not by a country mile. My Bud Ryan, whom I started playing guitar with, was playing Yngwie at age 13. So what.
Oh I get that for sure don't worry
Point is dime was good enough to become a legend , when you're a fan it's hard to not hear what's good about it

Hefalump

Oh I get that for sure don't worry
Point is dime was good enough to become a legend , when you're a fan it's hard to not hear what's good about it
No problem with folks being a fan of his. Just not going to agree that he is in eyesight of the top 10 guitarists.

Thwap

Likely Baked
Platinum Supporting Member
I seriously don't have the energy or frigging time to type the list of guitarists who I think are better. I am not talking metal....the op said that DD was the best guitarist period, which is a load of hogturd!
Sorry, didn't mean to stir you up.
I thought the title was "Dimebag Darrell is the greatest metal guitarist?"

My mistake.

Chug

Let me out of the desk!
Silver Supporting Member
Sorry, didn't mean to stir you up.
I thought the title was "Dimebag Darrell is the greatest metal guitarist?"

My mistake.

Attachments

• https___s3-images.ladbible.com_s3_content_6a3252d85f4c7dc16ad80f2b9b770bd7.jpeg.jpg
    https___s3-images.ladbible.com_s3_content_6a3252d85f4c7dc16ad80f2b9b770bd7.jpeg.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 29

Top Bottom