Dimensions of the new Boss FV30?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bobcunningham, Apr 6, 2015.

1. bobcunningham

bobcunningham Member

Curious about the size of this pedal. Also opinions on the quality of the sweep for doing swells?

2. thkh

thkh Member

Specs from the products page : http://www.bossus.com/products/fv-30h_30l/specifications/

Width
    80 mm
    3-3/16 inches

Depth
    192 mm
    7-9/16 inches

58 mm
    2-5/16 inches

840 g
    1 lbs. 14 oz.

I'm curious about the sweep too. There's one vid by shnobel on youtube and you start hearing the volume change about 20% after heel down position. He was using the fv-30h fwiw and had a buffer before it.. I want to know if the L version would be best for me. Looking to replace my VP Jr and I'm using the 25k one (buffer before it)

3. bobcunningham

bobcunningham Member

Thanks for the responses so far. Keep'em coming.

4. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

Subscribed as well!!!

5. OilsFan

OilsFan Supporting Member

I played with it at the L.A. Pedal Expo and I'm a fan of its size and build quality but not the sweep. To my mind it had all the volume in the last 50% of the travel. If it could be adjusted to have more resistance in the travel I could use it but as it was it just came on too fast for me. YMMV

6. CEFlint

CEFlint Member

I got one a few weeks back. I've rehearsed with it twice and gigged a few times and it has performed very well. Fully forward is unity and fully back is totally off. The pedal does a good job for me on swells, kicking volume up/down for solo/rhythm, and controlling volume and sustain while playing slide with a fuzz. I don't use a vp often for swells, but I've got no problem getting a nice effect when needed.

I think much of whether you'll like it or not for ambient swells will depend on how similar it is to what you're currently using.

My previous pedal was a Dunlop High Gain and I liked it a lot and have used it for years. The FV30 has taken some getting used to with a difference in the throw and that the pedal is "off" for maybe 15-20% of the initial sweep. After that bit of adjustment, I find it's a very nice pedal. Not sucking tone, great size and seems to be built to last. IMHO it's a keeper.