• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

DingoTone Fat Dingo Distortion

Also known as the FDD. I was given the oportunity to review and and demo this pedal. I have had it for about a month now and this is what I think about it:

The DingoTone FDD is a very versatile distortion pedal. Handmade with quality parts in North America, this pedal was obviously masterfully crafted.

First, even with a very low level of dirt the DingoTone FDD makes a nice boost pedal. This allows the amp tone to shine through and really drives the tubes. I used this setting to dial in the Treble and Bass EQ. Once I got the tonal quality I was looking for, each quarter turn of any knob brought a different tone, which makes this pedal extremely versatile. I was amazed that I could get subtle overdrive, lush crunch, and searing lead tones from one pedal.

Where the FDD really shines is when the Dirt is all the way up. This is my favorite setting and what I mainly use the FDD for. My lead playing has never sounded better. I also love that I can roll the volume on my guitar down, and I get a nice, deep, creamy tone. I used to use two pedals to achieve my lead tone. Now, I am able to use the FDD by itself. The FDD has also eliminated the need for the noise reducer. Before, I had to use a noise reducer to eliminate the hum of the two pedals I used for my lead tone. The FDD is so quiet I am able to get rid of that, too! DingoTones FDD also stacks well with other pedals. You can put a boost pedal or an overdrive pedal in front of the FDD to create even more unique tones.

I have owned my FDD for about four weeks now. I have played live with it every Sunday. In my experience it is one of the best distortion pedals on the market. You can't usually get boutique tones like this without getting a second mortgage. The FDD is affordable and sounds amazing.

I am not affiliated with DingoTone in any way. I was given this opportunity to review and demo the FDD pedal with an unbiased opinion.

Demo coming soon.

http://www.dingotone.com/

So I suggest that you give Dingotone a try. According to the website if you don't like it you can send it back no questions asked. There is nothing to lose. Their prices are very affordable and the quality is top shelf. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

6Tones

I was interested in their vintage fuzzface but they only sell in 6packs for $239 and cant buy a individual pedal .

:confused:

Laurie

I was interested in their vintage fuzzface but they only sell in 6packs for $239 and cant buy a individual pedal .

:confused:
For the moment that's true... once the 6-packs are sold out we'll drop back to regular individual pricing.

Its finally done! here is my demo of the FDD. The video quality is poor, but its the sound that matters most anyway! Enjoy!

Trending Topics