Dining Room Jam

texhex

Silver Supporting Member
Posted this over in the Marshall forum yesterday but thought I'd share it here as well, because I love you guys too ;)

Wife and kids are out of town so yesterday I brought some of my gear upstairs and set it up in the dining room. The Alto TS212s and the Kemper sound fantastic at volume, as good as the amps and 412s. Played around with some IRs and got it dialed in and man, they really nail it.

F'ing amazing tech!

Yeah it's loud and the iPhone recorded the audio incredibly bass heavy and reverb'd out the bjezus, but in the room it sounded spot on. The Altos were really clear and musical. I wish I had a good way to record PA speakers. Choosing the IR has everything to do with making this stuff sound good and I ended up using a freebie: Gods Cab 1.4 57 1 inch cap #3.

Anyway it sure was fun to blow off some steam and hopefully my sh!tty neighbors, who always pump rap music and party in their damn hot tub at 2:00 AM, were trying to take a nap.

Crappy iPhone recording, it's really bad, you've been warned.

Jchrisf

That's a perfect setup for cranking a Marshall at home. Beautiful, big home too. Do you keep the cabs there all the time or was that just temporary?

asintoras

The video is playing through what (Kemper, Marshall, Boogie)?
By your username I could assume you are from TX, but by looking at the snow in the photos, I doubt it...

texhex

Silver Supporting Member
All this stuff is usually setup in my little room downstairs. Clip was a Profile of the Mark V in IV mode. I can’t wait to see how the Quad Cortex compares to the Kemper for Profiling.

Trending Topics