dirt for Vox/HB?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by empressTIM, Feb 9, 2012.

1. empressTIM

empressTIM Member

Looking for suggestions for a second flavor of OD. I play a PRS SE through a Vox Night Train, and don't play any lead parts.

I'm really happy with my TIM, but want a dynamic overdrive that's not too transparent (that's what my TIM is for) and not too mid-heavy (my Vox has enough already). I realize this won't apply to most people's situations on here, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Pedals I have: TIM, OCD
    Pedals already ruled out: TS (including variants like FDII), Boiling Point, fuzzes, Klon, Xotic BB, Blues Driver
    Pedals Interested in: Signa Drive, Minstrel

Any thoughts?

2. cwcashiniv

cwcashiniv Member

You should really check out the Bearfoot Model 4H. I just got to play mine last night... :thud

I don't play many leads (a few here n there), but man, this is my go-to rhythm pedal. Fantastic Hiwatt-flavor crunch. :aok

3. melven62

melven62 Member

4. Drew47

Drew47 Member

I love my Lovepedal Kalamazoo with anything Voxy. I also love the Xotic BB+ blue channel for a heavy saturated tone. That 3 band EQ can get you some great tones, plus you can chug with a tight bass and dial in or out whatever mids you want.