Dirt Royale w/Cheez

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by muddy, Feb 15, 2006.

1. muddy

muddy Member

how many people have one of these? i'm getting the distinct impression that everyone is seriously missing the boat here. especially those who love low to mid gained drives. tonally, this well-kept secret is a pure joy to play with. it's got these great trumpety tones without a load of mess, wonderful articulation on dirty arpeggiated chord changes, and if you give it a goose (i use my power driver), it goes into some of the clearest, high gain tones on da planet. and if you happen to use it with an overdriven amp, WATCH OUT!!! this pedal dazzles in this application of it, actually cleaning your tone of ANY woof & such, and with NO NOIZE!

i've had this beast for a few months now, and to my ears, it just seems to get better & better, as it constantly reveals all the diff things it can do. if you love the honeybee (which i DO!), then you would really dig what the dirt roy can do... & then you step on the cheeze!

ml

2. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

Muddy do you have any clips!

3. muddy

muddy Member

i need to get my recording method sorted out at the moment, & then i'll get back to da clips. ;)

ml

4. otherone

otherone Supporting Member

Just got the dirt royale w/cheeze yesterday (#3)...very psyched to play it...I also have the dual drive, so it will be interesting to compare, and play with both together. Muddy, can you give me some advice on the different controls and how they effect the sound? thanks.

5. TaronKeim

TaronKeim Member

Out of the Pro Analog stuff I own and have tried, it is definately my fave pedal... smooth, sustaining lead tones with massive articulation and great attack, this pedal is perfect for leggato stuff. Plus just roll of the volume a bit and you've got a great semi-clean rhythm tone that doesn't lose any high-end at all.

-TJK

6. Scottone

Scottone Supporting Member

I have one on order from Scotty...hopefully I'll see it soon.

7. Chuck Snider

Chuck Snider Supporting Member

I like mines a lot!.... can be set up for a nice clean boost or a mean dirty boost.. still exploring all the areas.. Not a one trick pony.. great pedal to stack others into as well.......

8. fatback

fatback Member

Has anyone heard from Scotty recently? His site has been down for a few weeks.

9. wichita

wichita Supporting Member

Hey Muddy,
    Get in touch will ya?

10. onemind

onemind Member

Scotty has sent me a couple of emails recently, I'll ask him about the site, he sounds in good spirits though!

11. muddy

muddy Member

shoot me yer tel# to my verizon acct, so's i kin call yew. :)

ml

12. onemind

onemind Member

Thanks guit guy, I was late in reporting that....Scotty says about two weeks back log for Dirt Royale con Queso!

13. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

OMG, I tried the Dual Drive at 18 volts the other day and it was better than stock, but then a little too much headroom. Today, 12v..... OMG this forkin thang rawks!!! :dude

14. muddy

muddy Member

yeah, i run mine at 12v also.

ml

15. Phil M

Phil M Member

Is this a two footswitch pedal?

16. muddy

muddy Member

si. the 2nd switch engages the cheez. and pulling the gain pot up for "pull phase" engages the "feed" pot.

ml

17. Phil M

Phil M Member

Germ. and with tone controls. Sounds like something I'd want. Being that the site is down and I can't go see it, what size box and what are the controls and switches?

18. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

You can see it at www.musictoyz.com but they are sold out for now. If you call teddy he may be able to tell you when the next shipment is coming in. I believe scotty said there would be one this week or next.

19. Chuck Snider

Chuck Snider Supporting Member

In France ,it's called a "Dirt Royale with Chez"

20. theFaf

theFaf Member

I'm a huge fan of Scotty's pedals (with 11 and counting) and the DR w/ Cheeze is definitely up there as one of my favorites. I also like using the Power Driver or a proto Boost Royale that I have along with the DR (or the DD for that matter).

Scotty definitely has a knack for making really killer sounding pedals.