• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Dirty Little Secret jam with Buddy Miles and Billy Cox

Purple

I have this backing track for Machine Gun that has Billy Cox and Buddy Miles playing bass and drums but had never jammed to it till last night.

Thought I'd see if I could get the Dirty Little Secret and lil Princeton to come close to that sort of epicness. It was hard to get some of the long sustained notes because that little amp doesn't move much air but it doesn't sound too awful.

Kittycaster: Strat -> CC2 Hot Sil Fuzz -> CC2 Provibe -> DLS -> Princeton (volume on 3.5).

Buddy Miles: drums/vocals

Billy Cox: bass

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7459252&q=hi

I'm not saying the tone is exactly like BOG, mind you. :bong

Purple

Board pic, just the CC2 fuzz and CC2 vibe and DLS was used.

lil princeton pretending to be a wall of marshalls at the fillmore east.

SmelltheGlove

Holy **** man. You just sold a bunch of DLSs (and some CC2s as well) with that one. The most amazing pedal demo I've ever heard.

Ouchz

Whoa, you sure push me from the wanna buy to need to buy DLS mentality. Arrr... must resist... but I'm losing this battle...

EXP

Supporting Member
I have this backing track for Machine Gun that has Billy Cox and Buddy Miles playing bass and drums but had never jammed to it till last night.

Thought I'd see if I could get the Dirty Little Secret and lil Princeton to come close to that sort of epicness. It was hard to get some of the long sustained notes because that little amp doesn't move much air but it doesn't sound too awful.

Kittycaster: Strat -> CC2 Hot Sil Fuzz -> CC2 Provibe -> DLS -> Princeton (volume on 3.5).

Buddy Miles: drums/vocals

Billy Cox: bass

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=7459252&q=hi

I'm not saying the tone is exactly like BOG, mind you. :bong
Dude, can you send me that BT? What is a dirty little secret anyway? I would love to hear it with your Plexi with JJ KT88's! :phones

-DC/AC-

What were your settings on the DLS and Hot Silicon Fuzz? I'm having a hard time getting my Hartman BC108 fuzz face clone to sound good when stacking it. If anyone has some tips for using silicon fuzz faces and their clones let me know as well.

Purple

What were your settings on the DLS and Hot Silicon Fuzz? I'm having a hard time getting my Hartman BC108 fuzz face clone to sound good when stacking it. If anyone has some tips for using silicon fuzz faces and their clones let me know as well.
the settings were as shown in the pic above. :AOK

Purple

Ah, so the gain is maxed out correct? I'm probably having a tough time because I'm using a Les Paul with high output humbuckers. One day I'll buy a strat...
sorry that pic is kinda blurry!

the DLS was in "Rock" mode with the Tone and Loudness a bit shy of noon. The Gain was almost max'd out, maybe around 4:00.

The fuzz had the output and gain again almost max'd out but not all the way.

yeah, hot humbuckers with silicon fuzz wouldn't stack that well, i'd imagine... my strat has very low output vintage spec pups in it (CS '60).

Trending Topics