Disappointing NGD with brand new American Original 60s Strat

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by saltbird, Mar 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. candid_x

candid_x Supporting Member

I think Eugene is trying to hoodwink my Raw Vintage pickups for himself because of their superior tone and cool name. You don't fool me, Mr. Wallace.

2. Eugene Wallace

Eugene Wallace Member

find the right guitar to put them in, and you may like them a whole bunch more.
    To understand this, you'd sort of have to read back a little.

3. Eugene Wallace

Eugene Wallace Member

ok its late, pls no insults if anyone posts more.
    lets all be friends and learn together.

4. candid_x

I don't hear with my understanding, not even if I read the entire thread front and backward. I have read most of it, however. I got the gist about 4 posts in. I don't care for wide strat saddles; they put the strings too close to the edge. Then add the minor bump and it's off the rails. Easy fix though.

rhinocaster likes this.
  5. skydog

skydog Supporting Member

I hope they never get rid of the Ignore button; never has it come in handier!

IAO and rhinocaster like this.
  6. johnsav

johnsav Member

Please start your own thread.
    You've hijacked this one and made it an unpleasant read.

IAO and rhinocaster like this.
  7. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Supporting Member

I just wanted to hear that one in a million partscaster he has and got called a troll and a child....I even invited him to the next get together with my buddies and I to play some nice gear. But no.

I really wish I could place who this is. Gotta be his 4th or 5th incarnation here.

skydog likes this.
  8. rhinocaster

Neither are we Eugene...

9. GCDEF

GCDEF Member

You say that as if anybody cares.

johnsav, bluegrif and rhinocaster like this.
  10. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

You can trust on trolls.

bluegrif and rhinocaster like this.
  11. rhinocaster

Maybe just miscommunication.

The neck screws should not engage the body.

mattmccloskey and Chris Scott like this.
  12. vortexxxx

vortexxxx Supporting Member

I put a stethoscope up to an unfinished guitar body that had grain filler applied many months ago. I held it in front of an amp played at mid volume. What I heard through the stethoscope was very intriguing. It was hundreds of tiny voices saying 'Help Me...Help Me.'

13. Eugene Wallace

Eugene Wallace Member

roger that, it's a bit of a thing, actually a large bit of a thing.
    I honestly believe only certain people are musical. Like, really musical.
    The rest of people who play music, well, I think they're a bit ( way ) too right brain to be either really happy as musicians, or really good musicians.
    As the man stated, or inferred, how can you hear with your eyes?
    You can't hear with words, you can't hear with forum gossip, fender isn't going to help you hear with glossy brochures and wax to shine your guitar with.
    Hearing can be learnt, and I strongly suggest you start teaching yourself how to hear, not by believing what someone is saying on a forum about pickups and how he loved the wrapping and the color and the chewing gum and dog collar he got thrown into the deal etc. Go and play the guitars on the racks, they're all different, each and every one, they sound different, better, more dull, brighter, muddier and pickups and setup have zero to do with it. Absolute zero.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  14. Eugene Wallace

Eugene Wallace Member

sorry bud, no insults please, try and be more positive about things ie don't try and humiliate someone because you don t understand what he's saying, you've had plenty of time to knock what I'm saying down with data or logic or whatever a person needs to do such a thing with. And you had 14? thousand views to do it in. All I saw was a person who seemed offended when I stated that fender had appalling quality control. The worst guitars in history re: quality were made by fender in the 70's.
    sorry ' mate'. ignored.

15. Eugene Wallace

Eugene Wallace Member

sorry bud, ignored.

16. Eugene Wallace

Eugene Wallace Member

no fighting please people.

too much good data here.
    People are learning, I'm learning.
    Wonderful.

17. rhinocaster

“Geee...TGP sure is a lonely place...”

mattmccloskey likes this.
  18. Eugene Wallace

Eugene Wallace Member

this is another fantastic demonstration of different tone in the same guitar style/ age/ pickups.

I think the cream colored on is a 63.

The clip opens up with SRV playing his favorite guitar ( well, he played it most often ) and then he uses another guitar which is much 'middier', but clearly less attack. the cream one is quacky, thick and pure mids, You can see his favourite cuts more, and has more attack, it's more '3d'. I do believe SRV's guitars were setup by the same person, in exactly the same way, and using the same era vintage pickups.

Hell of a clip actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grBmQwLSlDw

19. mattmccloskey

mattmccloskey Supporting Member

I’m saying that the screws holding the neck to the body are never threaded into the body wood. They are supposed to pass freely through the holes. If you encountered a Fender or similar guitar that had the screws actually threaded through the body, it wasn’t on purpose, it was a mistake or defect, because threading into the body limits the essential clamping power of the screws to hold the neck and body together properly.

20. candid_x

I agree that guitars, and here specifically, Strats, each have a fundamental sound quality, and that complimenting that fundamental quality or nature can be (not has to be) a natural thing to do, the way green eyes compliments red hair, but within the hearing spectrum. They also can pinpoint properties such as frequency range, power, color and the rest. There are diverse nuances to what makes the end result of a guitar's sound, not a mere couple of either/or choices.

No doubt that bling is a thing, even if that bling means having the finish artfully removed to look worn. Same with glossy cardboard advertisements that come with the fundamental guitar. It's all good. I don't see where anyone needs remedial education to convince them to think my way.