Disaster Plugs: new small solderless plugs

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rck, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Gibs210

Gibs210 Member

Cool, I got plenty of cable, but do need some more plugs, especially since they're smaller than the GL plugs

2. Bessejenner

Bessejenner Supporting Member

How flexible is your cable compare to George L? I just built a bunch of patch cables using Mogami 2319 and love how flexible it is, but I'd love some smaller plugs like yours in a few key places on my board. My old George L cables are just too stiff for those spaces.

3. DisasterArea

DisasterArea Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals

It's pretty similar in terms of flexibility. If George L's isn't flexible enough ours likely won't be either.

4. Metalflange

Metalflange Supporting Member

I love disaster area products and will buy these plugs next time I need some!

5. boyce89976

boyce89976 Silver Supporting Member

I like my Lava soldered plugs, but I'm not happy with Lava's complete lack of customer service. I have reached out to them several times with questions and a couple of issues after receiving my cables with no response... seems they will talk to you until they have your money.

jasnc, Gumbygreeneye and aman74 like this.
  6. DeaconBlues

DeaconBlues Member

What size cable can the "Piston Plugs" accommodate?

7. Blues Lyne

Blues Lyne Member

Wait, so Lava is expecting the OP to compare the disaster plug to a Lava plug that hasn't come out yet, rather than their existing plugs? Though I suppose they don't look much, if any, smaller than the current Lava plugs.

Mariocaster likes this.
  8. The Whiz

The Whiz Member

Please do not make products that I gas for. My gas is in FACT bigger than you will ever know - the look on my face shows this.

9. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Yea there are three different plugs here. The combo with the cut out, the right angle with the cap and the straight.

I like the right angle with cap and the security of having that strain relief.

QUOTE="Geosh, post: 20723813, member: 49692"]Looks a lot like the style of the "Piston Plug" that Lava Cable is also introducing...
    [​IMG]

And also like the Free the Tone cables that have been around a while...
    http://www.freethetone.com/en/products/cable_solderless/cu-416_sl-8s.html[/QUOTE]

10. turtleheadblues

I think Mark was just replying as Disaster used a pic of our original Lava plug to compare. The profile of our original Mini ELC plug is still smaller if you look at Disasters pic. I'm not sure why Disaster keeps saying his G&H plug is smaller.

11. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Supporting Member

It's tough to handle customer concerns when they are always on TGP monitoring threads about their cables...

Don't Post, vbrans and Cgkindler like this.
  12. turtleheadblues

Sorry if we dropped the ball. If you still need help feel free to contact me Sales@lavacable.com Happy to assist.

Cgkindler likes this.
  13. Blues Lyne

Blues Lyne Member

They look slightly longer, not really enough to make a difference, but smaller in diameter. I don't see a claim that they are smaller on the page linked to, just in the OPs post. I'm assuming Disaster must have made this claim elsewhere.

14. DisasterArea

Just to update you guys on this - the original cable we were sourcing turned out to be of foreign origin (Brazil.) It's not bad cable but we're committed to doing as much USA product as we possibly can. We talked to some folks and found an EXCELLENT cable, made in USA and flexible just like Mogami 2319. It's even got the semi-conductive inner shield to cut down on microphonics. We're supplying it in all of our new kits and if anyone purchased a kit with the older cable we'd be happy to send you 12ft. of the new stuff at no charge. Email me through the website and we'll take care of you.

15. DisasterArea

16. Able Grip

Able Grip Member

I will NEVER EVER use solderless cables ever again. They suck so bad.

17. the tourist

the tourist Member

These work fantastically for me. No issues and I can fit my pedals closer together now. Good stuff!

Cgkindler likes this.
  18. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Man I really wish I hadn't bought massive amounts of George L's not long ago. I like the size and the cable description of these and disaster / Alexander is nothing but quality in everything they've put out that I've tried IMO

DisasterArea and the tourist like this.
  19. Ruiner

Ruiner Member

Oh and love that they're selling pre made ones too. I was looking for that for a while and couldn't find it!

DisasterArea likes this.
  20. the tourist

the tourist Member

So awesome!