Disasterareaamps changing firmware on DMC-6D

tanee

I recently acquired a DMC-6D and it came with the ableton firmware. After painstakingly trying to configure it to my H9 I came up with the conclusion that I needed to upload the universal firmware. I downloaded the uploader and the correct hex file I needed but when I use the uploader it tells me to please reset my controller by unplugging the usb and holding b1+b2 and plugging it back in. Obviously not the correct instructions for this particular controller which I'm assuming is for the programable looper controllers. Does anyone have any experience that could help me with this? I reached out to disaster area already but they usually take quite a while to respond and most of the time not very helpful on older products. I made sure that my mac (running 10.10) is recognizing the controller, which it is. There is nothing in the manual about reseting the pedal.

I'm also curious if anyone else has this many issues with disasterareaamps products? I love that they offer a product such as this but I believe they need to hire someone to communicate for them. Not only is MIDI something I barely understand it's as if parts of their manuals are written in some other language and then translated to english. Sometimes the manual will be incredible descriptive on some functions of the controllers and on other parts they just give you some brief points and expect you to just know what they are talking about. I've owned a DMC-6 v1 and I had some issues with that controller as well and when I asked for help on that their response was basically, "shoulda bought our newest product because we don't know how to fix your problem".

On that note. Any alternatives for midi controllers?

Catch

Analog>Digital Converter
Platinum Supporting Member
Morningstar MC6. Excellent support and product. I use one to control my AXEFX II. There is an online editor for programming--even I figured it out.

I could never get my DMC6D to do what I hoped. My DMC4 is still on my board.

D3261374-50D5-4D51-9C04-F1585172D09F_zpshg67bhw8.jpg

tanee

Nice. That looks very promising. If things don't work out on the dmc-6 that's definitely an option.

DisasterArea

Owner, Disaster Area Designs and Alexander Pedals
I recently acquired a DMC-6D and it came with the ableton firmware. After painstakingly trying to configure it to my H9 I came up with the conclusion that I needed to upload the universal firmware. I downloaded the uploader and the correct hex file I needed but when I use the uploader it tells me to please reset my controller by unplugging the usb and holding b1+b2 and plugging it back in. Obviously not the correct instructions for this particular controller which I'm assuming is for the programable looper controllers. Does anyone have any experience that could help me with this? I reached out to disaster area already but they usually take quite a while to respond and most of the time not very helpful on older products. I made sure that my mac (running 10.10) is recognizing the controller, which it is. There is nothing in the manual about reseting the pedal.

I'm really sorry that you're having problems with the controller. We haven't sold the DMC-6D in close to a year and they haven't received a big update in even longer, because the program space is pretty full so there's not a ton we can do with them.

B1 and B2 are the lower-left and lower-middle buttons on the DMC-6D. Holding those buttons at boot will force the pedal into bootloader mode, which is required for a firmware update. The Gen2 pedals are kind of a PITA to update in the field, which was one of the biggest driving factors behind launching the Gen3 series. The Gen3 are very easy to update, have more more program space, are faster, etc. and in general they're a big update.

We've got a video showing how to update the Gen2 products here:

If you still can't update, then you can send the controller back and we'll update it for free and send it back.

The Universal firmware is really set up for the three big Strymon pedals, but that's not a deal-breaker if you have H9 Control. Strymon uses MIDI CC's higher than 99 for the bypass and expression commands, and you can't use the MIDI menus on the H9 to map them unless you use MIDI learn. If you have H9 Control, then you can just input the right values and you're done.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom