• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Discounts on New Gear.

EtaCarinae

Check out the used guitars at your guitar center. The used market is really soft, prices are very low right now, and getting it used at Guitar Center is one of the only ways to capitalize on this while also being able to play it before hand *and* have the option to return it for 45 days. I have haggled some pretty good deals on used gear there.

If you don't have a local alternative to Guitar Center, then it's going to be tough to try before you buy. A lot of online retailers have good return policies. Or if willing to buy sight unseen, remember what I said about the used market - it's awesome.

HERSCHEL

Surprised you had a bad experience. I've been shopping at Alto for nearly 25 years and they treat me very well always. What was your problem with them? Just curious.
It was silly pettiness. I bought a guitar from them, and had it for a day before leaving feedback. I described their turnaround, shipping, etc. as top notch and there was a flaw that hadn't been addressed but not a deal breaker (return would cost about the same as the fix) so I gave them four stars. They waited and gave me a four-star flat. Cheap, petty nonsense and they lost any future sales with their childish BS.

a_ribbon

It was silly pettiness. I bought a guitar from them, and had it for a day before leaving feedback. I described their turnaround, shipping, etc. as top notch and there was a flaw that hadn't been addressed but not a deal breaker (return would cost about the same as the fix) so I gave them four stars. They waited and gave me a four-star flat. Cheap, petty nonsense and they lost any future sales with their childish BS.
you gave them 4 stars yet they're childish they also gave you 4 stars? looks like they dodged a bullet. lmao. no longer dealing with mr. petty.

Wont buy from gc unless i need strings or similar asap. They charge full price on used (floor models where all the teen “shredders” have full access to everything) guitars. Ymmv but gc is a nope for me

Im kind of a sweetwater fanboi. They take really good care of me.

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
The guy has said there are no decent stores other than GC in his area. Buying a guitar sight unseen tends to be a bad idea.
Not always. As long as you have a return option, you have little to lose, unless the seller insists you pay return shipping. Almost all my "sight unseen" purchases have been positive. Maybe I've been lucky.

radcliff

The GC haggling ability went away around 2009/2010.
There used to be “deals” that you could always count on: A Hot Rod Deville for 600 after tax, a Line6 DL4 for 200 after tax, etc.
Those days are gone. They switched to a standard Best Buy type store model.

Trending Topics