"Disguised" Rack Cases?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sabreplayre, Jul 7, 2008.

1. sabreplayre

sabreplayre Member

:hide
    Hey there,

Does anybody know if there's any pre-existing rack cases available that don't look like rack cases? i.e. A headshell with 2u of rack space that looks like an amp or something - I would like to mount my AxeFX for gigging but sometimes racks with blinking lights tend get a bad rap, so it might be cool to have a way of disguising it :)

Ideas?

2. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

Im sure someone makes a tolexed box with some rack rails built in. Ive seen them many times in people's rigs. Just stick that under your head and youll be fine. Allegedly the sound of those will shut any idiot up.

3. SonicVI

SonicVI Member

4. James

James Member

I've seen this sort of case on ebay regularly. There's a seller on there who makes rack cases that look like Fender head shells.

5. Adwex

Adwex Member

I tracked down a guy who made them, he had 2 left. Looked like a plexi style head.

He wanted over $250 for it. I got an SKB instead.

I want one that is specifically made to sit on top of a slant 4x12, underneath a Marshall head.

6. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

Who cares what anybody thinks? If you like it and it sounds good what's the big deal.
    Is it possible that you are the one bothered by it? I've had rigs with racks and without and never cared much what people thought of the way my rig looked. (unless its particularly ugly or sumthin..
    Its yur playin that counts...

7. bloodlemons

bloodlemons Member

Really, you shouldn't care what people think. Not on that level. If you like the way it sounds... End of discussion.

8. WarofGhosts

WarofGhosts Member

Port City Amps used to have rack cases that looked like Marshall head boxes. I don't see them on his site now. Maybe email Daniel through the site and see what he has to say.